Chapter 19

Brielle POV

Today is my gender reveal/baby shower. My sister's planned it. They have known the gender for about a month now. Derek and I decided to not find out at the doctor's appointment and just be surprised at the reveal. It is here at my parents house. It was going to be outside but the weather decided to not cooperate so its an inside event now. I'm 6 months pregnant. We were told that it would be risky to try and have my triplets vaginally so we scheduled my c-section for October 12th.

The shower starts in about an hour. I got my hair done and Cadence did my makeup. Now I just have to get dressed.

Derek got Rell ready for the day

My baby boy is so handsome.

It's time for the shower/reveal to start and McKenna announced me, Derek, and Darell

We walked down the stairs together and then I sat down.

They played games for prizes and then we all are. I couldn't wait to eat. I was starving.

Derek made my plate for me and once everyone was done eating, it was time for the gender reveal. First, everyone guessed what they thought I was having and then Cadence, McKenna, Desi came out with the big black balloons and Sarah had a little needle to pop them.

Sarah: Are y'all ready?

Me: Yesssss.

She popped the first balloon and it was blue. I smiled. She popped the next one and it was pink. I started crying and when she popped the last one, I really cried. I got my two boys and my two girls.

Me: I got my girls and my boys. Y'all, this my last pregnancy. I got 2 and 2. It's a real celebration now.

Mama: Now Bri.

Me: Huh?

Mama: Y'all ain't done. Mark my word. It'll be another one in about a year.

Me: Now mama. Why you gotta go putting that out there in the universe?

Everybody started laughing but I'm so serious. This pregnancy took a real toll on me.

We were up dancing and having a good time when Cadence got everyone's attention.

Cadence: So y'all. We went and looked through a lot of Brielle's old dancing videos and found some good ones just to show for fun.

Me: Y'all didn't?

Desi: We did.

McKenna: Don't worry Bri. We got good ones.

Me: Y'all better had.

Me: Okay, okay. That was a good one. I still remember that day. It was one of the best ones I ever participated in.

Cadence: You ready for the next one?

I nodded.

Darnell: Now why would y'all choose that one?

Cadence: Cause our sister killed that.

Me: I did. That was definitely a favorite. How many did y'all find?

McKenna: A lot.

Me: Oh lord.

Me: Y'all taking me back to college. I used to have a ball.

I looked over at my dad.

Me: Soon as I finished all my school work.

He nodded.

We was talking bout the videos they just showed when the doorbell rang.

Darnell went to answer it. I turned around and saw her.

Me: Leave.

Kavaria: Brielle please. Hear me out.

Me: No.

Kavaria: Please give me a chance Brielle. I know I hurt you. And I'm sorry.

Me: I don't care how sorry you are. You're not welcomed here. And you're not supposed to be within 20 feet of Aubrey. So leave or I will call the police.

Kavaria: Please. If you won't talk to me at least let me see Aubrey.

Me: No. You're in violation of the protection order against you. So go before I call the police.

She turned and left.

Me: God, why does she keep showing up?

Dad: She showed up before?

Me: Yeah. At my job. Like lady, I don't want nothing to do with you so stay out of my life.

Mom: Have you thought about getting an order of protection?

Me: Honestly, it may take that to get her to leave me alone.

Cadence turned the music back on and we got back to our party. She's not going to ruin today at all.

I got up and started dancing when Girls In The Hood by Megan Thee Stallion started playing.

This my song.

"2 watches yeah he caught me two timing. Skin like gold and my teeth like diamonds", we rapped out loud.

They got to hyping me up and I was dancing and shit, forgetting that I'm 6 months pregnant.

Next song that came on was WAP.

Darius: Not this song again.

Me: What's wrong with this song?

Darius: It's not that it's anything wrong with it. I just keep hearing it on the radio.

Me: Ohh.

I'm having a great time today with all of my family and friends.

We're about to open all of the gifts and then everyone's going home.

Derek and I opened everything.

Me: Thank you guys so much for everything. It's been such an amazing day.

The guests left and Derek went to put Darell to bed. I made my way upstairs to take a shower and get ready for bed. My parents went to bed already and my brothers and sisters are getting ready for bed.

I got out of the shower and slipped on my pajamas and then got in the bed. Derek came in shortly after and we turned on a movie before we both went to sleep.
______________________________________