Chapter 9

Brielle POV

I'm 5 months pregnant now and my family still doesn't know yet. Me and Derek are heading up down to Houston to visit them and tell them the news.

We're here at the airport and our plane leaves in an hour. It's only a 2 hour flight to Houston and I can't wait to get there. I have plans to take my sister's out for some quality time. I'm also going to spend some time with my brothers because its been a while since we have spent time together.
*
*
*
*
*
*
We just landed here in Houston. Derek got our rental car and then we drove to my parents house.

Derek pulled up and we got out of the car. I walked up to the door to knock and my mom came and opened the door.

She looked at me and then down at my stomach.

Mom: Bri.....

Me: Hey mom.

She hugged me.

Mom: We've missed you.

She let us in and closed the door.

Me: Where's everyone?

Mom: The kids are all at school and your dad, Cadence, Darius, and Darnell are all in the living room.

I walked in the living room while Derek took our bags upstairs.

Cadence: BRI.

She got up and hugged me.

Cadence: I missed you big sis.

Me: I missed you too Cay.

My brothers and dad all hugged me as well.

Dad: You're pregnant?

Me: I am.

Dad: So, you know we gotta kill Derek now right?

I laughed.

Me: Y'all can not kill my fiancé.

Darius: Fiancé?

I nod and hold out my hand to show off my ring.

Dad: My baby girl is all grown up.

Derek came into the living room and we sat around talking for a while.

Mom: Aubrey's talent show starts in an hour and a half.

Me: Okay. I'm going to shower and get changed.

We all went our separate ways to get ready for the show. I showered and then got dressed.

 I showered and then got dressed