Chapter 6

3 Months Later

Brielle POV

I took a little time off after the whole situation with Jay and my supposed best friend. I went back to work a month ago and things have been going great. Me and Derek have been getting to know each other better now. He asked me out on a date about 2 months ago and we've been getting closer after that.

He is amazing. It really did take the wrong one to get me to see that the right one was right here in front of me this whole time.

My team and I are having a do over tonight. We're going to have some drinks and order some food and hopefully this night will go with no drama.

I went grocery shopping earlier today and got us some wine and other types of drinks.

I asked them all what they liked to eat from Biaggi's and then I set for the food to be delivered at 7:00 tonight.

It's 5:30 now and they'll all be here at around 6:30. Well, Derek is here now. He, of course, had to be early.

Me: Babe, I'm going to take a shower and get dressed.

Derek: Can I come too?

Me: No. Everyone will be here at 6:30 and you know you can never just take a shower.

Derek: You're right.

Me: I'll be back down soon.

I kissed him and then went upstairs.

I hopped in the shower for about 20 minutes and I washed my hair while I was in. Then I got out and got dressed.

 Then I got out and got dressed

I let my hair hang down.

I go back downstairs and Derek is letting everyone in.

Me: Hey everybody.

They all came in and we went in the dining room. We all ate our food and then we went in the living room to have drinks.

JJ: So, is this a thing now?

She pointed at me and Derek.

I looked up at him and he kissed me.

Penelope: We'll take that as a yes.

Aaron: When did this happen?

Me: About 2 months ago.

Audrey: And you guys kept it hidden for this long?

Derek: Yup.

Me: So JJ, how's Colby?

JJ: He's doing good. He's in the terrible two's stage.

Me: When I have kids, I pray that they skip that stage.

JJ: I doubt they will. It seems like literally every child goes through it. It does get better though.