Chapter 17

Brielle POV

My babies and I are just fine. I told them I didn't need to go to the hospital but there was no fighting them. And it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Today is going to be the beginning of my second week as the head of the legal team. Let me tell y'all it has not been easy. It's not the job itself. It's my coworkers. They don't like the fact that the director chose an outside person to take over as team leader. I get where they are coming from, I do. But what they need to understand is that I'm not about to continue to let them be disrespectful.

In just 2 weeks, I'm showing even more.

I got up this morning and got ready for the day. After completing my hygiene routine, I got dressed for the day.

 After completing my hygiene routine, I got dressed for the day

It's casual Monday.

It is also bring your kid to work day so we're bringing Darell with us. The kids are only there for a couple of hours and then they go home. Either my parents or one of my siblings are going to pick him up and take him to Derek's mom.

I went in my baby's room and he was up playing. How did he get out of his crib?

Me: Darell D'Andre, did you climb out of your crib?

He looked at me laughing. This little boy right here.

I picked him up and took him in his bathroom. He got washed up and then dressed for the day.

When I was done getting him ready, we went back to my room where Derek was just finishing up getting ready

Me: Goodmorning baby.

He walked over to us.

Derek: Goodmorning babe. Hey little man.

He grabbed D'Andre from me.

Me: Babe, we should lift up the side on his crib cause he able to get out on his own now.

Derek: Okay. I can do it when we get home from work tonight.

I nod.

Grabbing my phone and purse, I went to Darell's room and grabbed his diaper bag. I made sure we had everything he might need and an extra outfit.