Chapter 13

Brielle POV

I can finally go down to see Darell. They are only allowing 1 person in to see him at a time so I'm going down and then Derek is going to come down. The nurse came in and helped me up into the wheel chair. As they rolled me out of the room, in comes Jayshawn and Kayla.

Me: What the hell are y'all doing here?

Jayshawn: I came to see my baby.

Me: It is not your baby. And Kayla, you got some damn nerve showing up here. Both of you need to go before any of them come out here.

Jayshawn: What they gone do?

I turned to the nurse.

Me: Can you please have security remove them? They are not allowed here.

Nurse: Yes.

She walked over to the desk and called for security to come up.

They came right away.

Security: What seems to be the problem?

Me: They need to leave. And neither of them are allowed to be near myself or my child.

Security: You two need to leave the premises.

Kayla: We ain't gotta go nowhere.

Jayshawn: Its cool. I want a DNA test.

Me: Why? It is not your baby. Leave us alone.

Jayshawn: We'll go for now. But mark my words Brielle. This ain't over with.

Me: No you mark mine. You come near me, my child, or any of my family, and I will make your life a living hell. That goes for you too Kayla. Stay the hell away from us. Including Miss Fran, Desi, and Sarah.

Kayla: You ain't pregnant now. I will beat your ass.

"Try it if you want to."

I turned around to see Cadence, Desi, and Sarah.

Kayla and Jayshawn left.

The nurse came back and asked if I was okay.

Me: I'm fine. I would like to speak with my sons doctor. I need to know how soon he will be able to travel.

She took me down to the NICU where Darell was.

I looked at my baby boy. He is so small. A few tears fell down my face. He should not have been born so early. It's their fault. It's all their fault and if anything happens to my baby their lives will be miserable.

The doctor came in as I was sitting with Darell.

Doctor Turner: You wanted to speak with me?

Me: Yes. Doc, how soon will Darell be able to travel? We are from Houston and we need to get back home. I don't feel safe with him here.

Doctor Turner: He won't be able to travel for 1 month at the very earliest.

I nodded.

Me: Okay. There are people who have been harassing me and my family. They know that we are in this hospital and have been demanding to see my child. The male is delusional and he believes my son is his. What can we do to protect him from them?

Doctor Turner: we can put them on a watch list and they will not be allowed near the nursery.

Me: Okay. How's he doing? Is his tests coming back normal?

Doctor Turner: I would like to talk to you and your husband together, if that's okay?

Me: Yes. Sure.

The nurse came back for me and rolled me back upstairs to my room.

They had the rest of my family step out while the doctor spoke to me and Derek.

Dr. Turner: Darell's test have so far been normal. He is just incredibly small and sue to him being born prematurely, it is possible that he will experience some developmental difficulties. He may not start walking until he's 1.5 or 2 years old whereas some babies start walking around 10-11 months. It is possible there will be delays in his speech and learning abilities as well.

Derek: Okay. What all can we do right now in order to help him grow enough to be able to go home?

Dr. Turner: Well, for right now, he needs the contact. You can't hold him yet but any contact you can give him will be helpful. He will soon hopefully be able to be nursed if you plan on breastfeeding.

Me: I do.

Dr. Turner: We are hoping that within the next few weeks we will be able to have him be nursed. Until then, you can keep pumping and storing the milk.

Me: Okay.

Dr. Turner: That's all I have for you guys right now. We are running some kore tests right now and we will get those results to you as soon as they come back.

Derek: Thank you.

He smiled at us and walked out.

I just hope we can get our baby home soon.
___________________________________
Chapter 14 coming soon