november 18, 2004

THE SNOW SLOWLY STOPPED and soon enough the ice covered streets began to melt

THE SNOW SLOWLY STOPPED and soon enough the ice covered streets began to melt. The mountains where the Brokeback crew had settled were beginning to lose their snowy covering, much to Ang's dismay. Although a majority of the takes had been successful, the crew knew a snow setting was going to be necessary again. Ang Lee was infamous for his routine reshoots.

Lennon sat in the foldable chair besides Diana and James, who had finally flown out to set. The producers had been impressed by the few scenes they had saw and decided to stay for an extra week. Lennon had even overheard them talking about how the film might get Oscars promo.

    As exciting as Oscars talk could have made Lennon feel, the empty void of Heath beside her was overwhelming. It had been a week since their intense kiss in his bedroom, and within that time she had only seen him once. The hectic filming schedule made it difficult to spend any time alone together, let alone catch up on their steamy night.

    She had woken up alone in Heath's room that morning, with a note on the nightstand reading,

Lennon,

see you on set

— H x

    The unmoving note left little to her imagination and had honestly made her somewhat confused. Instead of being romantic and passionate for Lennon, he had seemingly brushed her off.

    Instead of letting the confusion of her heart get to her head, Lennon began to keep Jake company, who had been going to the same bar downtown every night. For the last few days they had grown accustomed to the regular crowd of people and had even begun to partake in karaoke night. Normally, Lennon would never think to do karaoke, but, the extensive alcohol in her system every night proved she felt the need to sing.

    "Can I have another hand warmer?" Jake stood with his hand outstretched at Lennon as he waited for her to notice him. "Lennon."

    "Oh, sorry." Reaching into her thick coat pocket, she took out two small packets, ripped them open and handed them to Jake.

    He took the small packets and began to rub them between his hands in an attempt to warm them up. They weren't the most successful in keeping Jake's hands warm, but it was a start.

    "Ang says he wants us to do this scene again, I feel like I've said this damn line at least twenty times. Something's up with Heath, I think he's strung or something," Jake nodded his head over towards Heath who was sat against the long wooden log on the ground.

    Surveying the area, Lennon noticed how Heath had kept rubbing at his eyes and nose. Ang was holding out the script for him, but Heath had waved him off and promised not to mess up again. Jake scoffed at the remark.

    "We've been here since five doing this same fucking scene," Jake sighed and walked back over to the set, standing in his usual spot across from Heath.