Chapter 30: The Invite

Song: Redbone - Childish Gambino

Please leave vote xx

Chance's POV:

So far the New Year had been treating me pretty kindly. My family hadn't bothered to contact me besides my Grandma who was informing me she would be visiting Hope and I for Easter.

Hope loved my Grandma and it wasn't hard to see that the feelings were reciprocated both ways. I mean, I'm pretty sure that she likes Hope more than my actual mother.

But then again, she never was truly fond over what a 'weak' person my mother was.

Along with friendship wise, Hope and I have been going pretty well. She's been owning up more and more and I've been seeing her a hell of a lot, which resulted in my feelings striking me harder each time.

Well besides this starting week, she's been busy with work so far and it's killing me not being able to see nor talk to her.

And if I didn't know any better, I'm pretty sure she's beginning to like me too.

Along with my other friends, they had joined this huge community page on Facebook probably a month ago (it's February now) which you were invited to different places for get-together's, parties, brunches, etc.

It was kind of a way of making new friends for those who had either just moved into LA or those who were genuinely struggling to talk to people their own way.

And if you wanted a quick fuck, that was your place to go.

My friends loved the idea and Eli was always the first person to jump in on the opportunity of partying at someone random's place and taking us all along with him.

I've only ever been to one of the parties which wasn't too long ago, but I would rather not do it again.

And if you didn't already know, I'm not really a party type of guy; clearly.

"Come on Chance! It'll just be for a few hours!" Eli whined on the other end of the line.

I was currently sat on my couch, as perusal.

I had been listening to Eli attempting to persuade me in order to get me to go to this party for the last 10 minutes, and I was getting tired of the same, whining demands coming from him.

"Mate, you know I'm not exactly the 'people' kind of person. I'd rather stay home and watch something." I grunted, laying back and running a hand through my hair.

I need to get a haircut soon.

"I know you aren't Chance, but please just this once." He groaned.

"Why can't you take the others?" I asked slowly.

"They're kinda already going, but they said they won't go unless you come! So please just do this for me! Consider it a solid."

I perked up at the use of his wording; Solid.

We used to play that all the time when we were younger, just silly little obnoxious things like: "hey, do me a solid and go get me an ice cream" or "do me a solid and do my homework"

The catch was, once you used the term 'solid', the person had do whatever you wanted them to do after completing said solid.

I smirked, already knowing what I would make Eli do.

And suddenly, he had hooked, lined and sinkered me with a final sentence.

"You can bring Hope along with you."