Chocolate

A/N: this is sorta random and short but I saw a head cannon online that had this idea and I thought it was cute and sad (and seems pretty realistic) hope you enjoy

Remus POV

No one ever asked why I ate chocolate. Why I always had some with me. I like coffee for the same reason. Now, if you care to know, I'll tell the story of all the times I've tried to kill that part of me.

I found out that chocolate was poisonous to dogs when I was eight years old. By that time I had been a werewolf for two years- but I still wasn't used to it. My monthly transformations were too much for my younger self. As soon as I would turn back I would run to my parents, crying and bleeding, where my mother would have to sing for hours to calm me down. The transformations got worse, as I grew up, but I was able to deal with them better. When I first learned that chocolate and coffee are poisonous to dogs, I immediately insisted that I always carry chocolate. It's come in handy- when I've seen kids crying in corridors and bathrooms when any of my friends need a pick-me-up when Sirius is complaining about being hungry ten minutes after lunch. None of my friends ever figured out why I always ate chocolate and drank excessive amounts of coffee. Sure they're good, but I guess a small part of me had always hoped that it would kill the wolf part of me. Even after ten years, I still hope that I'll be able to poison my wolf side.

One day, maybe I'll get lucky. A warm tear threatens to run down my cheek but I wipe it away. Maybe one day I'll be free from my wolfish counterpart. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not ever. All I can do is hope.