Chapter 16

I panicked. I grabbed another and tried it. Positive. I reached for the last one. This had to be a fault. I closed my eyes. This wasn't happening, it was a dream. It had to be. I slowly opened my eyes. Positive. I started to shake. Tears started falling from my cheeks. I covered my eyes with my hands and sobbed not even caring if Newt awoke. How did I let this happen? Why was I so stupid. I should have just said no. I wiped at the tears. I stood up and opened the bathroom door. Newt was still fast asleep. I looked at him. Tears started to stream down my face even more. I sat on the bed. I could hear Newt behind me shifting around in the sheets.

"(Y/N)?"

I didnt answer, how could I? He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?"

I handed him one of the tests. I turned around to see his expression.

"This has to be a mistake," he said.

"Newt..." I whispered, "I did three tests... They were all Positive."

"Oh, shit," he shook his head and combed a hand through his hair. "This is all my fault."

"No, its not."

"I begged you to let me do it, and look where its got you," he lowered his head.

"No, Newt. We both did this."

"What are we going to do?" he asked.

"What choice do we have? I have to have it."

"Oh shit, shit, shit. How are we going to tell the others?" He mumbled.

"Newt, lets just not say anything. Everyone would panic if we told them."

"Shit..."

I slowly moved forward and hugged him. He hesitated before hugging me back.

I ate my sandwich slowly. I couldn't concentrate on anything. My head ached. How did this happen? Why did it have to happen now? In the Glade? I don't even think Im 20 yet! Im a teenage mother! Urgh.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N)... (Y/N)..."

"Oh," I snapped out of it, "Sorry Fry."

"Something on your mind?" he asked.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Come on, you promised you'd help me cook dinner today."

"Yeah, I walked over to the other side of the table.

"What are you gonna teach me to make today?" He asked.

"Hmm..." I looked at the food storage area, "Pasta."

"Yum, show me."

I grabbed a bowl of tomatoes.

"Grab the flour..."

The pasta was going like free candy. The boys just kept on coming back for more. The Runners started to return. I waited and waited but Newt still wasn't back.

"He'll be back," I turned and Minho stood there.

"I know, I know..."

All the boys in the Glade stood around the East door. I stood at the front. Where was Newt?

"Where is he?" I asked, realising it was a rhetorical question.

No one answered. I turned around.

"Minho..."

Clint pointed towards the doors. The crack of the doors shutting rung in my ears like a song that won't leave your head. I turned back around to face the doors. Someone stood about 20 meters away. Newt.