The Whole Gang

"Come right on in."

M.J. plastered a smile on her face, stopping herself from slamming the door.

"So, you're Y/n?"

Tony asked, not recalling any of Clint or Natasha's features. Her almond skin lightly resembled Clint's tanned but naturally aged skin. The girl chuckled, although she the smile didn't reach her eyes. "No, I'm M.J. Y/n will be out in a second."

Peter awkwardly opened the door, as the five avengers entered after him. Of course, if Tony Stark calls and says he needs to meet your friend, you don't really get a say. Peter counted and named the five that walked in.
Captain America.
Mr Barnes.
Black Widow.
Mr Stark.
Hawkeye.
He slid an clunky smile at the usually relaxed Clint, but was met with silence. Following them in to the Living Room, he was unsettled to say the least by M.J.'s behaviour and lack of Y/n.

Tony took a deep breath of the apartment's not-so-fresh New York air. He took a couple steps in to the apartment, shifting his eyes around to avoid any surprises. Not finding anything, he joined the rest of them at the table.

The eight of them sat in silence, listening to the smothered clatters from upstairs. M.J whipped out her phone, and began frantically texting.

Dude! What are you doing in there!

A few seconds slowly passed by, until Y/n finally responded.

Something came up. It's Peter and Ned, they'll understand.

M.J. looked up, and found the rest of them staring at her expectantly. She flashed a quick smile, before trying to explain the situation.

It's not Ned and Peter. Tony Stark just showed up - with The Avengers! What did you do?

And of course, all they heard was a floorboard creak, and a window open and shut. M.J. talked loudly to try to stop them from hearing.

"So! How was your weekend, Peter!"
Everyone raised an eyebrow in confusion, but Natasha knew better. This kid knew something. After sharing a confirmative nod with Bucky, he got up out of his seat and started to look for evidence. Steve followed quickly.

"You noticed anything strange recently, M.J?"

She questioned, her eyes not leaving M.J.'s desperate attempt to break eye contact. She stumbled out a response, and Clint listened carefully for another noise. Bucky froze from his place, following the window's noise to the bedroom door. He stared at it from across the room.

"Nothing."

The two boys sat next to M.J. were admittedly freaked out by the adult's weird behaviour. Peter noticed the uncomfortable atmosphere, as the only sound in the apartment were his nervous fingers drumming on the table. In a desperate attempt at conversation, he blurted out the first thing he could.

"Mr Stark! Aunt May says that she need me home now." He smiled, and Tony finally tore his eyes away from the bedroom door.

"Sure thing, kid." He shoved his phone in his pocket, and signalled to the others to wait for him at the door. Steve nodded, and took the moment to stare out of the balcony. They all had to be honest, it was quite high up.

M.J. instantly picked up her phone, reading the missed notification.

Is it safe yet?

Yeah, they're leaving now.

Just as she sent the text, Tony sharply turned around. M.J. held her breath as he spoke. "We'll drop by tomorrow, just need a word with Y/n."

And with those words, M.J. said brief goodbyes, and slammed the door shut. She sunk down the door, sitting exhaustedly with her back to the creaky oak. I just lied to the Avengers, she thought.

Before she could even finish the thought, Y/n entered.

She landed on the balcony, slinging her bow around her shoulders. Using her spare key, she slid herself through the balcony door.

"M.J?", she called, oblivious to her distressed friend. "You there?"

M.J. jolted up, and grabbed Y/n by the collar. Dragging her to the sofa, she threw her in to a seat.

"We need to set up some rules, and how we're going to keep this a secret." She scanned Y/n up and down, gesturing to her alter-ego.