11 | bury a friend

You can't help somebody you doesn't want to helped. 

You can't. 

You just can't.

Lottie felt her way through the dark room, groping around for a match, for a torch... Anything!

"Hello?" she called out. She instantly cursed herself. Bad move. They would know where she was. 

Be brave, be brave. Be brave for Ellie

A chill tickled her arm. Her breathing hitched. Her eyes widened. She spun around to see a figure standing behind her with a small candle. 

The facial features was masculine, with a strong jaw and a sharp nose. He glared at her. 

There was something familiar...

"Who are you?" she called out. The candle lit up a table beside her. There was a hammer and a small dagger. 

The boy just glared back. With a small nod, he turned and started walking away. Lottie started panicking. She couldn't be left in the dark. She spun to the table, weighing her options. 

Hammer... Bit tricky to manoeuvre, can cause concussion, could break bones, heavy...

Dagger... light weight, easy to manoeuvre, can slash enemy with, can't break bones...

She grabbed the dagger before quickly walking to keep up with the boy. God, she thought, Ellie is really rubbing off onto me.

Lottie kept a tight grip on the knife. "Who are you?" she asked slowly. The boy stopped abruptly, causing Lottie to bump into his back. She glared at his head. 

"I would've thought you knew, Lottie." he said quietly. His voice was cold, distant... hollow. Almost soulless. Lottie frowned. Foreign... but familiar. 

"I don't. Who. Are. You." she forced through gritted teeth. She raised the dagger, ready to defend herself. 

The boy's head turned to the side, watching her through the corner of his eye. His sharp nose was illuminated by his candle, and Lottie couldn't help but wonder how hard his face line would be to draw. He turned around, looming over her. He seemed familiar. 

Stay vigilant, whispered a small voice. Lottie summoned a blank mask. Her eyes narrowed as she studied his face. 

His skin was dark, his shadowed eyes intense. His irises glittered playfully in the candlelight. 

Her eyes widened in realisation. 

"Jamie?"

Lottie hugged him tightly. "I can't believe it's you." she breathed. Jamie didn't move. His body was cold. 

"Jamie?" she pulled away, looking up at him. His eyes was fixed on something behind her. Lottie's eyes darted around, searching for any danger in the darkness. She gritted her teeth has something tingled down her spine. 

She spun around, searching for the source. There was nothing but darkness. She shivered involuntarily. 

A sharp pain exploded in her chest. She gasped, but she couldn't breathe. She spun around to see Jamie's hand pull away from her body, covered with blood. Her blood. His mouth twisted into a sadistic smile. 

"Bold of you to assume I'm Jamie." he purred. He pulled the dagger out of Lottie's back, making her scream in pain. She doubled over, trying to control her breathing, but she couldn't.