20 | wolves

Jamie was trapped. Trapped in the dark void of the Hamelin Formula. He could see what he was doing. He was cursing himself for hurting her.

He had been trapped for hours. Days, even. Most likely weeks.

But could he do anything? No. He was getting tortured by the images he was seeing.

He and Ingrid flirting in base training.

He and Julius cracking jokes about her.

He could just hear Julius's question about her.

"Jamie, is that blonde girl really the princess?"

Jamie's eyes opened wide. He had to protect Ellie. He forced himself to wake up.

Say yes. Please say yes.

Say. Yes.

"Yes"

He sighed in relief when he heard himself say the words. At least Ellie was safe.

Jamie shut his eyes, wanting to escape from it all. He felt dizzy.

Slowly he sunk into the whispering temptation of sleep. Eternal sleep. Where he didn't have to think about her. Where he didn't have to hurt her.

Where he didn't have to torture himself by her.

Until a voice brought him back.

"Jamie!"

Jamie opened his eyes to see Ellie's furious face. He had never seen his princess this angry before, reminding himself that she was a storm, leaving a path of destruction if provoked. Another voice whispered softly.

"Jamie... please"

"You don't have to do this... come back."

"Come back to me..."

"I trusted you..." 

Jamie gritted his teeth. His vision became blurry, a soft buzzing in his ears grew as he shut his eyes.

"No... NO!" He shouted, gripping his temple. He roared, forcing the voice out.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled. The buzzing in his head grew louder and louder.

Weakling

Failure

"Please leave me alone" he whispered, finally letting himself be the broken teenage boy he was.

Weakling. 

Broken.

Failure. 

"JAMIE LISTEN TO ME!"

His eyes shot open.

Lottie.

With a cry of anger, he ripped himself free of the invisible bonds.

"No one hurts my princess." He snarled, coming face to face... with her.

Lottie's eyes were wide with fear, those beautiful sparkling eyes he found himself get lost in so many times. It pained him to see her like that.

"Lottie?" He whispered. Lottie's eyes teared, those tempting pink lips curving into a joyous smile.

"Jamie!" She gasped. Pulling his face down, she kissed him.

It was soft, he tasted sugar on her lips. His eyes widened in shock, before he closed them, kissing her back. He melted.