019 | Films

Mia's POV

Mia's POV

"So how about we watch a film and you can tell me about your day with Millie?" Mum suggests as I was sat at the table typing on my phone talking to Hetty.

"Sounds like a plan" I beamed putting my phone down.

"Can we order pizza as well?" I asked standing up from where I was sat.

"Of course, I'll order it while you go and get changed" Mum smiled, I gave her a quick hug before I ran up to my room to get changed, I changed into my red and white striped pyjamas before grabbing my duvet and heading back downstairs.

"What should we watch?" Mum asked finally putting the phone down and sat beside me on the sofa. I got up and got a pile of DVDs and placed them on the table in front of us so we could decide what film to watch.

"The greatest showman?" Mum suggested

"Beauty and the beast?" I suggested knowing we love a lot of the same films.

"Cheeper by the dozen?" Mum adds to our list of films, we couldn't despise what film to watch.

"Oliver?" I added

"Mamma Mia 1" both mum and I finally agreed on a film, the pizza person also brought our pizzas just in time for our film.

"So what did you do with Millie today?" Mum asked getting under my duvet.

"She gave me her old skateboard and taught me how to ride it. It didn't go very well but it was my first try, Millie made sure I didn't hurt my arm again though, she wrapped it up with a blanket and she even caught me, she then treated me to a hot chocolate and a cream scone" I smiled taking a bite from my a slice of pizza.

"It sounds like you've had a good day. When are you planning on seeing her next?" Mum asked me curiously while the pair of us ate.

"She wants to take Hetty and I out for dinner after school on Wednesday, I sorta think it's going abit to fast. She only came into my life a week ago before that I had no clue she even existed" I sighed resting my head on mums shoulder.

"I know where your coming from; you could always tell her that you think it's getting serious abit too fast" mum suggested.

"Your right" I mumbled. Mum and I continued to eat our pizza and watching the film under the duvet. Occasionally I would sing along to the songs on the film. Once the first mamma Mia was finished we put the second into the DVD player.

"If you could choose one film to watch for the rest of your life what would it be?" Mum asked out off the blue as we waited for the main menu to appear on the screen.

"Parent Trap; what about you?" I beamed looking up to mum with a smile on my face, it had always been up the top of the list of my favourite films

"Annie or Bambi" mum answered with a smile on her face as well, we both agreed that the three films we liked were all equal and would be the best to watch for the rest of our lives

"I'm going to head to bed now Mum" I announced after the film had finished.

"Okay sweetie"

"Goodnight Mum" I whispered

"goodnight" mum gave me a kiss before I bundled up my duvet and made my way to my room