037 | In Life

Mia's POV

Mia's POV

It had been a month since Millie was taken ill, it turns out she's got swelling on the brain and at the moment the only thing that's keeping her alive is the oxygen she's on and the constant observation from the doctors, I've came to the fact that their is a chance that she will die and I've just got to be strong when she does.  I started college and even got a part time job as a cleaner. I've spent a lot of time at the hospital and with Hetty, I even had fun with Betty, we've went on a indoor skydiving experience trip which was amazing.

"Mum I'm going to meet Gabby and Liv I'll be back later" I called as I left the pub out the back, I placed my skateboard down and stepped on it. I made my way through the village and towards the pavilion.

"How's college going for you then Liv?" I asked sitting down on the pavilion steps

"It's going well, I passed my first maths test. What about you?" Liv asked sounding rather pleased with herself.

"That's amazing Liv, it's going pretty well for me too, I'm loving it But is so much different than school" I shrugged unsure what else to say.

"Sorry I'm late guys Laurel needed help with Dotty" Gabby smiled apologising to us as she finally joined us sitting down on the top step of the pavilion

"It's fine; we were just talking about college; How's sixth form going for you?" I filled in Gabby before I asked her how she was getting on in sixth form.

"It's so much harder than school; and miss having you all around and being able to hang out with you at lunch and breaks, it's so much different" Gabby exclaimed in shock, it was crazy how different our lives are now than they were a month ago; a month ago we had just finished our exams and had got our results and now here we are all in our own classes on different courses and meeting new people; everything is changing faster than ever before.

"I wish everything would slow down; it's all changing so fast" I sighed heavily

"I understand that, everything is going by so fast" Gabby and Liv both sighed in response.

I learnt that In life you have to be happy and be strong even when things are going wrong, you've got to surround yourself with people who care and understand you. You've got to leave the ones who don't want you in their lives. You have to talk to people if your feeling down and low, ask for help when and if you need it because with others support you are stronger than you have ever been before.