Chapter 22

I sat down at a table with my best friend Zetsu. He was drawing a picture of him and his sister. I looked at my hands. Thats when I heard the most beautiful music. Everyone turned their head to the piano. There sat a black haired girl with her eyes closed. She was playing a slow song. "I can't get my mind off those sweet memories" she sang. Her voice so sweet and angelic. "I'm begging you please don't take my dreams" she continued. "Your music brings my soul to life and dries up all my tears. You make the pain disappear" she continued playing that beautiful melody. "Time flys but its oh so hard to let go. Like summer time it slowly comes and it goes. I ease the blues with my favorite tunes. I play all day with my eyes closed" she sang picking up a little bit more. Us kids silent as well just watched her play. Even the caretakers amazed. "Time fly's but its oh so hard to let go. Like summer time it slowly comes and it goes. I ease the blues with my favorite tunes. Raise me up with those heavenly sounds" she finished. She continued to play the piano as her brother began to sing. Zetsu sounded perfect for her piano. "I can't remember your smile or your gentle embrace" he sung. He stood next to her. Catherine opening her eyes and looking into Zetsus red ones. "I have no way to tell you to walk away" he continued. Catherines perfect melody adding onto the performance. "My sorrow keeps holding me down when my soul wants to be free. Come save me from this misery" he sang out. Catherine speeding up a little more. "Time fly's but its oh so hard to let go. Each moment so precious and fray like the snow. I close my eyes for a peace of mind. Let me live in this heavenly bliss. Time fly's but its oh so hard to let go. Each moment so precious and fray like the snow. The pain ends when I'm with my friends. You warm my heart with your genlte embrace. Time fly's but its oh so hard to let go. Like the summer time it slowly comes and its goes. I ease the blues with my favorite tunes. I play all day with my eyes closed. Time fly's but its oh so hard let go. Like summer time it slowly comes and goes. I ease the blues with my favorite tunes. You raise me up with those heavenly sounds" she sang out. Everytime she said Time she got faster and faster. Until she got to the end where she sang you raise me up with those heavenly sounds. She had slowed down greatly. She played a few more notes. "With those Heavenly sounds" she sang finishing with a final note on the piano. Her voice was so peaceful and soft. Everyone was so calm and peaceful. She had managed to calm the entire orphanage. She looked around. She gave a beautiful smile. From that moment. I couldn't help but admire her. See her beauty. I used to pretend she wasn't there because I was afraid Zetsu would hate me for liking his sister.

I looked at Catherine. She was sitting at the counter writting in her journal. "What are you writing?" I asked. Cooking something simple for dinner. I wasn't as good as Zetsu but I did a decent job. I knew Catherine would appreciate anything she was given. "I was drawing" she said. "Wanna show me?" I asked. she stood up and walked to me. She held up the notebook. I turned to get a good look. She wasn't the best at drawing but there I stood. It looked like I had a strange outfit on. A long part on the mask. The outfit prince like almost. "Well then. Not to bad. Why am I dressed like that?" I asked. "Thought I draw an outfit for you" she said sitting back down. She then started to draw again.

I shook my head and finished up what I was doing. I served us and sat across from her. This time she was drawing Zetsu. "You should eat Catherine" I said. She looked at the food. "I'm not hungry" she said looking back at her drawing. I got up and got another plate. Putting food on the small plate. I sat anothwr seat by the counter. "Hi. Glad you could join us for dinner Zetsu" I said to the empty seat. Catherine looked at me. She then looked at the seat and plate. She gave a smile and mived her journal aside. "Hey Zetsu! I think your best friends really nice! He even invited you!" She said happily. I smiled at her. Even if he wasn't here with us. It still felt like he was. It felt as though he was sitting right next to me laugjing at his sister. Telling her she's silly and he loves how she brightens up his days. Just like she did mine. "Oh Zetsu. I didn't know you had a girlfriend" Catherine teased the invisable Zetsu. "Man and you didn't tell me?" I asked the invisable Zetsu. "Well let's eat!" Catherine said eating. I smiled and ate.

After the meal, I cleaned. Catherine helping me clean. "I'll do dishes" she offered. "No Catherine. You go relax" I said. "Okay" she said. I heard her walking off. That's when the footsteps stopped. "Aketchi?" She asked. I turned to look at her. "Yeah?" I asked. She ran to me and hugged me tightly. "Thank you for doing that earlier" she said with a bright smile. She got on her tippy toes and kissed my cheek. My eyes growing wide. I looked at her as she ran off to her room. I put a hand on my cheek and smiled. "Catherine" I whispered. I then looked down. "I just hope you don't ever have to find out what I've done" I said turning to finish what I started.