Chapter Three

*Harleen Quinzel*

My father did what we had agreed, and on his lunch break we went home so I could finally settle in. I had already left some things in my new office, like some documents that help me when my memory fails and so on.

We arrived at the apartment. It's not far from the GCPD, which is great because I can walk and I do not have to leave 5 $ with the taxi drivers. The apartment on the outside looks like it was recently built, and probably true, since the paint still looks fresh. 2nd Floor, number 34, is where I'm going to start living. My new home. My father opens the door, as if it were a casual day, without doing many festivities like "close your eyes and I count to three!".

The apartment reminds me of our old house, my father continues with the same decorating tastes, which makes me happier to know that he never forgot us.

"This is your room."

It is smaller than my room in our old house, but it is much larger than the university room, and better yet, I will not have to share it with anyone.

"Thanks, Dad."

"I'm going to do something to eat,while you settle in."

I nodded, and began to unpack. He had not brought much. As I do not know if I'm going to stay in Gotham permanently I thought it best to just bring the essentials and then go shopping as needed. The room only has a bed, a small closet, a desk and a bedside table, which is more than enough. I'm going to enjoy it, as I only start working officially tomorrow, I am thinking about doing some afternoon shopping and buy some office supplies, because if there is anything I enjoy doing in my spare time, I can solve cases with your help.

Speaking of "you", now that I have returned to live with my father, I better be careful with my monologues, because he will think that I really am like  my mother and that after all this time I have been hiding that I am a psyco. What is not altogether a lie the part of "hiding something," because if anyone knew that I have the ability to listen to spirits that guide me, probably the next trip to Arkham would be mine.

"The food is ready!"

And it smells super good! My father did not lose his cook skills.

"So, what are you thinking of doing in the afternoon?"

"I'll probably go shopping, see if I can get some materials I need."

"Do you want me to go with you? I can ask the captain to give me time ..."

"No daddy, thanks, but I like to adapt myself to the surroundings, and after all, I prefer to see in my own eyes what fascinates you so much in this city."

"It's not its beauty without a doubt." He says with a spontaneous smile on his lips.

"How did you live a year away from everyone?"

"It was not easy, I feared for my life many times, but you gave me strength to continue!"

"Are you sorry you came here?"

"No, despite all that has happened, and everything I've ever experienced, the dynamics of the people of Gotham is amazing, because even living through terrifying moments continues with the hope that everything will be okay! It is because of that that I like this city so much. "

"I just want you to be safe ..."

"And I am! And now, I'm even more happy to be here with you!"

At the end of lunch, I walked to the mall. It was a small space, still under construction, like the rest of the city. But I had what I was looking for, so I will not complain.