Chapter Nine

Walking in the police cars is starting to be tiring. I don't like riding in the backseat, after it was me, on top of everything, that gave the idea. But I have to accept it.

We got to Arkham! The place I've heard so much, that contains one of Gotham's biggest criminals. Which makes this place so interesting, since it seems to be fairly easy to escape, and it does not take a very extraordinary plan to get out in the sewers, I would walk out the front door. It was just to pretend to be better, to get a key and a white coat.

We asked to enter, and a lady soon appeared to guide us to Jeremiah's room. All the other rooms were locked, some had a window, and I take a quick peek. For curiosity. They seem pretty calm. Some of them are reading. Others are meditating. As if to be here would bring them some peace.

We arrived at our destination. For the second time. Jeremiah's cell has not only one door, but three! The first of metal, the same as the others, the other ones were made of wood and grids. Bruce is by my side, did not say a word the whole way. What is he thinking?

"He's probably reviewing all the moments he spent with this maniac, when he staged his parents' death in a sickening way."

This time I was not surprised by your response from Bruce's mouth. It was as if you could read what he was thinking. Since I had not yet discovered information about this meeting between them.

"Bruce, take it easy, we're here!"

"Thank you, Harleen, you know it's hard to see someone who was a great person in this state. He had so much to offer the world, but surrendered to his brother's madness, and ultimately terrified lives ... Including mine. "

"If you need to talk to someone, you can count on me. You have done me too much favors. I am in debt to you."

"Speaking of favors, we have to talk later, but, yes, maybe we can score something, I need to talk to someone, have you ever considered being a psychologist?"

"Believe me, I would not be well dressed in a gown."

              I began to laugh with him, low tone, so as not to disturb the others.

"Bruce, are you ready?"

"Yes!"

"Let's go in!"

We entered the cell. Jeremiah, the so-called Mr. J who destroyed Gotham, was sitting at a table, clothed in a waistcoat. He had black hair, white skin, extremely bright green eyes that were fixed on the wall even with Bruce sat down in front of him. I knew his face. I'm sure I've seen it. Yeah, it looks like Jerome. It has enough similarities, but without the face sewn it reminds me of another person ... Xander Wilde? !! Can't be! I hope I'm wrong.

Bruce starts to talk to him, to ask him questions. But he does not react. They say he's already in this state for a few weeks. Weird. What happened to the troublesome Jeremiah that put him in this state? What happened?

"We'd say Jerome's fans made a clone of him, and he's a clone while the real Jeremiah walks out there all this time!"

The words from Jeremiah made sense, given his current state. He had a piece of uncovered leg that did not have the same skin color as his face, which meant it had been painted. But no one else noticed that.

"I'll wait outside."

My father nodded and opened the door. The doors. What should I do now? Do not go back in there to say that he is Jerome's clone and that they were cheated this whole time! They would demand evidence from me! And the only evidence I have is you in my head. They would probably find an empty cell and put me in there for the rest of my life. No! You have warned because there is someone here who knows the location of the real Jeremiah Valeska. I just have to think about the right person!

On the day of the staging of Bruce's parents with Jeremiah ... It should have been a special date ... Probably when it would be the same day they were murdered ... September 22! The same day he fell into the acids according to what Lucius said. Such a brutal plan must have had help ... Beyond Ecco.

"Good morning, I wanted to know some information. I work at GCPD and would like to know if on September 22, 2019 someone else came in besides Jeremiah Valeska? "

"Good morning, I think I can get you this information. Wait a little."

"Thanks."

"Only two people came in that day: Jeremiah Valeska and Jervis Tech!"

"Will it be possible for me to pay a visit to this Jervis Tech?"

"Yes, I think he's in a position to receive visitors. I'll tell one of the security guards to guide with you."

"Thank you."

Jervis Tech or Mad Hatter is a talented hypnotist teetering on the edge of madness. He arrives in Gotham with an unwavering desire to find his sister Alice. Jervis begins to kill people to achieve his goal. When he meets his sister tries to create a scenario of "Alice in wonderland" in order to reconnect with her. Gordon and Harvey manage to invade the tea party, but when Alice tries to escape, she accidentally falls on a pipe, impaling her. Jervis discovers that his sister's blood brings the worst of people to the surface and begins to use it for Gotham. He becomes friends with Jerome, setting him to create the gas that drove his brother crazy. And apparently it was one of Jeremiah Valeska's aids.

I did the housework and I'm ready to face the beast.

The security man appeared and led me to the cell. We went down another hall that did not belong to Jeremiah's. I send a text to my father that he wait for me, I did not feel like walking.