Chapter Sixteen

"Yes, this is Harleen Quinzel our new forensic investigator."

"Nice to me you, young lady."

"Equally!"

         After the introduction of the conversation, I realized that something was wrong with Gotham. It was full of corrupt, I mean Pinguin is a bad guy, and Jim the captain of GCPD should serve as example and put people like him in Arkham! One has to start somewhere to get rid of these crap, otherwise Gotham will never get out of this circle of bad versus good state. Even though they have helped defend the city during a bad time, does it give them freedom to continue to do their evil stuff and poison the city without being punished?

"Basically they are attacking each other. Ed has always been a friend of mine, but Jeremiah at this moment has more power on his side, I have to play it safe."

"You have nothing new to tell us then?"

"Unfortunately, I don't have any information!"

"Don't you have it, or don't you want to tell us?"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm pretty sure you know why those maniacs were at Arkham waiting for Jeremiah's signal."

"What do you mean?"

"The night we ruin Jeremiah's plan of killing everyone who survives the dark year without join is side, there were a lot of his followers arrested in Arkham waiting for his signal to escape."

"He didn't share that information with me!"

"They could easily escape from there, they had the resources they needed."

"I already said that I don't know anything about that!"

"Or maybe the goal wasn't to stay in the asylum!"

     Through Oswald's reactions to my theories I felt that I was coming to a conclusion. I don't think I need your help anymore in the interrogation part of people, at least for now.

"Maybe, there was something about Arkham that you both wanted, something that was needed for your plan, but why wait for a sign?"

"What does this have to do with drugs?"

"Drugs ?! What drugs ??"

"The drugs that killed those innocent people!"

"I thought you already figured that out!"

"Figured what out, Penguin?"

"James, James ... Your detective intuition is starting to fail ..."

"But are you going to say it freely or do we have to get the answer out?"

"Jeremiah has a ritual of passage to join his army and he was experimenting an ingredient in people.But they weren't as innocent as you think they all accepted to take them of their own free will! "

"Except Allison's mother ..."

"During the dark year, I heard Bruce say that his ritual was based on weapons ... It was Ecco who was organizing that."

"And what does the new ritual consist? "

"Well, it doesn't envolve those" drugs , since they have been destroyed."

"What about the Arkham people?"

"I don't know much about it, but I heard Jeremiah wants something or someone who is in that place, and he's followers are only  there to make a distraction, I don't know anything else."

       Was he telling the truth? Even if he's not, I already know whom I have to ask what I need to know: Ecco! I have to find a way to attract her. And so we can settle accounts!

"Thanks for the information."

"Always available to a friend!"

          How could Jim leave the room after this conversation? He was involved with criminals and he himself was one of them! I am starting to think that I should solve this case by my own, because I can not trust anyone, except you of course!

    I am tired! And angry.! You ask me why? Well, I tell you then: I wanted to know what was going on and not get more loose ends! Now I'll have to keep investigating! And I have to meet the person who killed my father to get them, which is pretty unpleasant as you can tell.

   You know what? I think I'll bore our guest. Of course! I should have brought hed a cake!

    I got my new car - Yes, I bought a car! Surprised! I drive to the hiding place where I had held my prisoner. The surrounding environment was exactly I'm the same conditions as the last time, which means no one walks around here.

I opened the door very carefully for not making much noise because of the echo, since that area was very quiet and the door was old. I turned on the light. Probably should have left it on, that poor woman must be distressed to find the food and the bucket at night, since the small window only gives enough light from dawn. But I put a glass that prevents the transmission of sound, so that no one will hear it scream. It's not that I'm trying to torture her, I do not like those methe ... Ho, no! Why is her bed empty and the chains loose on the floor ?! Did someone find her? It is impossible the door was closed! The space seems empty or maybe that's what she wants me to ... AUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     Auch! WHAT THE ... my eyes seem to take a long time to focus ... and the dazzling daylight does not help ... Which means I spent the night unconscious ... and the headache in the occipital area... Someone hit me ... Not cool by the way! I'm not home. I'm not in that space. I'm not in a familiar environment ... I'm in a living room ... tied to a chair ... tight ... fairly tight ... the furniture seems to come from a rather exquisite taste ... based on vintage pieces ... the house looks great ... it's probably a mansion ... which means I'm in the house of rich people ... maybe a gang ?! I want to talk, to say that I woke up, but my mouth is with a tape that prevents me from doing it! This is not how I thought that day would start! And this is all your fault! WHY? Let me tell you why: you did not warn me about that situation, that I was in danger, like you used to! WHAT ???? !!! YOU KNEW ??? AND YOU DID NOT THINK ABOUT SHARING WOULD BE A NICE IDEA? !!!!!! We need to have a long conversation when this is over. How do I know that I will survive ?? Because if I was going to die, you have warned me when I was caught!

"Good morning, sunshine!"

"Jenna?" I could finally get something out of my mouth. I was a little numb for having spent the night with a tape, but my air of surprise was still remarkable.

"How did you get away?"

"We need to talk sweetie, because I have some news for you!"