Chapter Eleven

We entered the abandoned factory that was lit. It was a candle that was on the railing of a second-floor window that made that illumination, we would have to be careful to avoid going to those sides. At the first sign it  just looked like the factory had only two completely deserted floors. There was no one there. Until we hear voices coming from walking above us. Jim had already called for reinforcements, but we could not wait for them to arrive, because with each passing minute we were in danger of being discovered and our surprise move would be gone.

We went up the stairs to the top floor in silence. Those were the only stairs who allow us to escape there, what means that we would have to protect the passage if we wanted to get out alive. Jim went ahead to make signs to go down to each step. He already had a vision of what was happening. I also wanted to know, but I had to wait a few more seconds.

Jim ordered for me and Bruce to go to the left as soon as we got in, he and my father were going to the right, and Lucius stood at the entrance of the stairs. In order to surround them without letting them escape.

I'm nervous. It seems that after all a forensic investigator also plays the police role in Gotham. The more the better. It was the second time since I had arrived that I was in the position to attack someone. I felt the adrenaline re-invade me. I am not nervous. I just wanted to jump and start the action.

Until Jim gave the signal. It's NOW!

"GCPD! You guys are surrounded !!!! "

They weren't many, but they were more than we thought they were. Bruce and I headed to the right as matched. With the guns pointed at the people there, and finally I could see what was happening in that place. Long tables filled with drug bags, I supposed, with people around with masks of clowns, quite scary. And at the back of the room was a chair, probably the king's, who was amused to watch the workers at work. But he was not sitting, was back from the tables to inspect the material. He was tall, stood out among so many clowns, could not see the color of hair, but the white skin, extremely white was remarkable. He was accompanied by a lower female figure in a circus robe. Jeremiah and Ecco caught up at the crime scene!

"Jim! What a pleasant surprise! You finally came to visit me! "

Weird, with these words it becomes confusing to know if he was waiting for us.

"We got you Jeremiah, we know what your plan is!"

"Interesting. It seems the clone did not serve me much after all. "

"Maybe if you'd paid attention to detail."

I must say, the words came out of my mouth, all of a sudden. I hate being out of a good discussion.

"Uh, you bring a girl! Is that your daughter already, Jim? Bruce, what an unpleasure suprise! "

"Equally!"

"So how is it going to be? Are you going to send me back to that cold, icy cell or are we going to have to get out of this situation to fight like cats ?! "

If I had not discovered that it was Xander I would not believe it. It seemed impossible.

"You can start by ordering your men to stop what they are doing!"

"Puddin, should I come up with a plan B?"

"Indeed, you'd better put it in action! Attack! "

Plan B??! Ah, that reserve plan he had to order the clowns to attack us and while they extinguished the signal candle the rest of the army did not attack. And so it happened, as they approached us, I told Bruce to get out of the place where we were supposed to be and to approach Jeremiah and Ecco as they headed for the window.

We managed to get past the uncontrolled followers of Jeremiah. It was the ideal time to practice my extra-activities during college again.

"Not another step!"

"The view from here is incredibly nice, you know! You can see Gotham and I can do a project to restructure it as it should be, again! "

"Amazing!But it's also for your little Arkham friends to be waiting for your signal to attack! For those who have always liked labyrinths so much, you continue to leave many loose ends in the middle, Xander! "

"Mmm ... Have I tried to kill you before?"

Ecco threw a grenade of smoke into the ground, which made me lose my sight on my target. What do I do now?

Behind you, Harleen. She's going to try to choke you. 

"Thanks!"

As soon as you spoke, I was able to see where she was, and stop her from squeezing me.

"Good trick. But the shoes denounced you. "

"You're new to Gotham, right? I've never seen you around! "

"Really?I've heard so much about you!"

"Seriously? I hope it was just good stuff! "

As we talked and tried to squeeze each other, she thought I was getting distract, but I took the topic of the conversation to a sensitive side, even if she's crazy in the head, she has to have a weakness, and I'm great at find weaknesses in people.

"It depends, the person who gave me information seemed indifferent to your name. I think she even used the expression "if you find her, have no mercy! "

"Do I already have a fan group? Uhh... where can I find my fans to to giving them body autographs? "

"I would not call your sister a fan, since she hates you!"

"My what? I don't have a sister!"

"Wasn't I supposed to discover your private life? Oops! Family issues! "

"Where is she?"

"Far from you, I believe!"

"You killed her?"

"I guess you'll never know..."

"I will kill you!"

"Good, I'll enjoy watching you try!"

I picked up a piece of metal that was on the floor and hit her so hard on her head that even I did not know it had such power inside me. Shit, the candle! Deleted !!!! Matches! I need matches! I found them !!! After finding a box of them on one of the tables, I watched the scenery around me. Jeremiah and Bruce were now far from where I was. Jeremiah threw everything that came at his hand to defend himself and laughed more and more whenever he failed. Jim, my father and Lucius were dealing with the criminals who attacked them, a large part was already on the ground. I heard the sound of the sirens approaching. Finally! Were you waiting for what? And I looked out. Arkham still seemed normal, and I have to make sure it's not too late. And with a match I lights the candle again.