Chapter Eight

After finding more about the history of the criminals, I feel that I should also do a little search for my new co-workers. I feel that in order to have trust in a professional relationship it is necessary to know both parts, and I know Lucius's life almost all the time, since he never keeps quiet during the day, which is good because he keeps me busy and allows me do not fall asleep since I have nightly activities from now on. I also know the life of my dad ... I think. Although I have noticed that on Fridays and Saturdays he has work slack and is not at home. He gives the excuse he went out with his friends, but both you and I have the feeling that something else is involved in this situation.

The perfect day came to clear the doubts once and for all. Let's find out what the extra-activities my father has. I took advantage of it and asked Jim to take a day off, I mean, they already discovered a lot thanks to me! And I feel like I'm finally prepared to put my plan into action, but first I need to deal with my personal life.

But hunger strikes harder, and I really need to eat ice cream before I become a detective. Ice cream is just the best thing in the world! I know you love it, too! After all, it is because of you that I have gained this addiction. Although you can not feel the flavor and the sensations it causes, this is not what is important when enjoying a raspberry and vanilla ice cream, but the memories with the people who they have already experienced and this provides to repeat those moments over and over again.

My mother, may she rest in peace, would not let me eat ice cream, instead we would sit in the cafe and the only thing I was entitled to ask for was a glass of water while watching the others create the own memories. But the bitch is dead, so my father and I used to go to the cafe several times, and that's when I first tried to create memories. It was a fantastic day!

I started going every day after work and it basically became an addiction. I'm considered an aholic ice cream. And here I am again enjoying the moment, alone on the outside, but accompanied by you inside.

Every time the door opens and people enter I have the incentive to look to see who it is. Just to be sure no one will come in here armed and try to ruin my moment! Until two people come in, one woman and one man. I do not know the woman, and the man seems familiar to me, but I can not see his face because the sun is blinding me.

YEAH! FINALLY IS SUN IN GOTHAM !!!

Until he moves away from the door and I can identify him ... it's my father !!! After all, it was not necessary to go very far in the investigation. Again, you save me the trouble of walking around.

"Harleen? What are you doing here? I thought you were going to work in the afternoon ?! "

"I took a break, I've felt a little tired. Work in Gotham is more intense than in New York, incredible as it may seem! "

"I came to get something to eat and ..."

"Are not you going to introduce me to your friend? Sit down! "

"Walter, what are you going to order ... ho, Hi!"

"Hi!"

"You must be Harleen! Your father told me so much about you! "

"Ho really, he never mentioned you!"

"Harleen, this is Jenna ... my wife!"

"Nice to meet you! "

I did not know what to say. What I was hoping to find was based on two options: he was going out with friends and sometimes even drank too much or he was dating someone, but it was all very recent, and he was afraid to tell me .

I left the cafe running. I did not cry, I can not cry now. I seem to have exhausted all my tears when I was little. It makes me insensitive, I know, but although I seem to be indifferent on the outside, I am hurt inside. I understand he has found someone! And he deserves someone who is good to him. Whereas, with everything that passed in the hands of my mother. I'm not saying she was a bad mother, but the problems of bipolarity made it difficult to sustain her. What hurts me the most in this story is that he must have been married for years, and he never told me!