Chapter Two

*Harleen Quinzel*

I have not seen my father in years! He's been working in Gotham for a long time and I'm sure he does not want to leave there anytime soon. What does he see so fascinating in this city?

Is not the fact that he is constantly dealing with murderers and psychopaths scary and does not make him want to go home? Or when Gotham became an island totally cut off from the world, did not it make him regret having ever left home?

Now, I'm here to protect you! Because if he does not come home, I'll bring the home to him :)

Finally, I got off the bus, I could not stand the smell of French cheese inside!

And now I must call a taxi. What will it take to call a taxi in Gotham ?! Do I have to call or just signal? Okay, just make a sign, even it was not difficult!

"Good morning, madam, go where?"

"Good morning, GCPD, please!" , what will he think ?! This just arrived now and already have a lot of complaints to do ?! If there is a complaint that I have to make immediately about this city is absolutely about the meteorology, where are the sun's rays that were predicted for today? Does Google go wrong here ?? How do I choose my looks for each day ??

"Have you ever visited the city or is it the first time?"

"It's the first time!"

"What are you finding so far?"

"It's a very different city, it's obvious that it has been closed from the world for some time, which makes it even more curious." , I just got here 10 minutes ago and already asks me what I think of the city? It is perfectly clear that this is the conversation that has written for all his clients, in order to avoid the annoying silence of all the trips, because in fact he does not want to know their opinion.

"We're here! It's $ 5! Have a nice day!"

"Likewise!", It's easy to have a good day for someone who just won $ 5, who will probably spend on a bundle of cigarettes like those in the glove compartment. But at least I got safely to my destination, which is already an improvement, since I am in one of the cities where there are more crimes.

I walk slowly into the police station, there is a huge commotion, and it seems no one has noticed my presence at least until I give the first word to a lady in order to ask if she knows Officer Walton, and she just beckons me to a secretary where two men are talking. One of his back, which I assume is who I look for, and another one that is shorter than him.

"Hello, Dad!" And he turns quickly to look at me.

"Harleen, are you here already? You were so fast!" he said with a huge smile on his lips, giving me a big hug. I could smell his shampoo on those dark hair. I went out to my mother to have blonde hair, and possibly it was the only thing I have in common with her.

"Harleen, this is Captain Jim Gordon!"

"Be welcome, your father has told me a great deal about you."

"I hope it was just good stuff!"

"Follow me, I'll introduce you to your co-worker, he's been working here for a few years, and he's helped us a lot even before the dark year."

"Dark Year ??"

"The year that Gotham was, well ... out of the world. Here we refer to this time, as the dark year, daughter."

"I do not want to be nosy or reminisce with old memories, but I can not help but wonder how do you managed to redo the city in such a short time?"

"A lot of effort from all of us ... Besides, the city has not been completely rebuilt yet, but we are still able to get there! Lucious, I'll introduce you to your new partner, Harleen Walton"

"Much pleasure."

"Equally."

"Well, I'll let you set yourself at ease."

"Harleen, before I go out to lunch I'll call you, so we can stop by to drop our bags."

"Thank you, Father." They left, leaving me alone with my new partner.

"So you are the daughter of Agent W.W!"

"Do they call him that too in here?" I say in a natural laugh, since it was a name I used to call my father since I was a kid when he came home, and it's something that's called here, which should be one of the create somethings in this building that reminds him of it.

"We have no case at this time, actually. This week is reasonably calm."

"That should not be good around here."

"It may have several meanings. How about I introduce you to the criminals who are still in these bands, so you will become familiar with their methods."

"Understand the host, I see, it's a good method!"

"Did not they wear it in New York?"

"Sometimes when they were permanent plagues in the city. But for the most part, they were just passing through."

"These are the ones you'll come up with the most: Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, better known as Penguin, worked for the criminal Fish Mooney, who passed away, took control of the underworld many times, is responsible for immense deaths. assisted GCPD during the Dark year, what makes him free now; Edward Nygma or Riddler, used to work here as a forensic investigator, however, after discovering his alter ego went on to have a criminal life, currently remains at liberty; Ecco, worked for Jerome Valeska's brother as an assistant and security officer, until she surrendered to his employer's insanity and led the life of the crime, no one knows where she is; Ivy Pepper, after having undergone many changes, has the ability to control nature and kill people, briefly at this point, we think it's hidden in an abandoned part of Gotham, perhaps;

"I can tell you're very entertained."

"I could go on, but I'm sure you'll have the unfortunate pleasure of getting to know them better over time."

"And this? Why are you separated from others?"

"That was our biggest problem to date!"

"Jeremiah Valeska, I'm going to assume he's Jerome's brother, for whom Ecco girl works, right?"

"Yes. He was responsible for what happened to Gotham, he spent a lot of time in hiding, but when he showed up again on the radar again he caused us problems, and after an accident he had, he became even crazier than he was. We've been able to trapped him since that day in Arkham, which is where we send the villains. "

"I've already seen that this town really needs a disinfestation of these rats."

"I agree perfectly, but we'll be able to clean up the city at least, that's what we're here for."

"You can count on me, then!"