Chapter Twenty-five

Suddenly, my senses begin to return, as well as a huge headache. Auch! Harvey Bullock, you're a dead man! It's the penultimate face I remember: he put a needle in my neck while I watched my colleague run away.

It's so dark !! I feel myself being dragged, my body is a dead weight and my arms are being tightened by two guards.

"Hello !!!!!"

No one likes to talk to me, I think that keeping up with their silence has become an option until I find out where they lead me. Looking at the bright side, at least I don't have to walk alone until I get "there"! Many cells, cells and more cells ... Neither Arkham has so many cells ... also don't have these lights that don't illuminate anything .... I AM NOT IN ARKHAM ????? !!!

Wait a minute ... so where the hell am I ????

"Welcome to Belle Reve !!!"

When I look in front of me I notice that there is a woman who welcomes me. We are no longer in a cell corridor, but on what looks like a bridge. Who has a bridge in a prison? I can't see what's down there...

"Wait a minute...I know you! You are the nice lady that made me a visit today...or was yesterday?! I'm so confused with the days."

"My name is Amanda Waller, and yes that was me!"

"I even introduced myself, but I think you already know my name."

"Harleen Quinzel Walton, I hoped I wouldn't have to resort to such drastic methods."

"Arkham wasn't enough?"

"Given your friendship with the greatest lunatic in Gotham it wasn't an option leave you there."

"I'm sure he'll keep looking for me."

"I didn't have that much faith, because everybody thinks you're dead!"

"What?"

"Don't worry, if everything goes as I intend, in a year you can go back outside."

"What if I refuse your help?"

"I thought you wanted help, isn't that why you didn't run away from that prison?"

"It turns out that the only crazy people in this world are those who don't know the true meaning of sanity!"

"So that means you chose the hard way?"

"Believe miss, this will be fun!"

"Let me give you a sneak peek about what will happen if you challenge me!"

The security guards who held my arms left me. Now that I was free from tall men, I could see that down below, not at a very high height were tanks filled with white liquid and white-robed people walking one side to the other very busy. What were they doing? Why does this lady like white so much?

"Nice swim!"

I felt a pressure pushing me from my chest and I was only aware of what happened when I fell into one of the tanks. The air was gone quickly. What do I do? They closed the entrance where I fell. 

There is no empty space where I could breathe. I'm in a panic ... I can't speak for help ... and no matter how much I hit the windows, people continue to pass by without paying attention to me ... the other tanks also have people inside ... unconscious. .. Completely white !!!

I even noticed that my sweater and my pants, another time, blue, also turned white and the paint is all around me ... I took my shoe ... and started to beat it against the glass ... but it also served nothing....

If no one wants to know about me and helps me out, I'll have to leave here by force ... the resources are nonexistent ... and the time too, because I'm already fading the air more and more ... soon, I'll be like the others!

With the strength that I have left, I start banging my elbow against the wall ... blood starts to come out and joins the other colors that were floating through the tube. Even the glass begins to crack ... I tap again, and again and again ... each time I can see the glass giving way more easily ... and one last strike with all my energy ... I lose all my strength completely ... but I feel my body falling to the ground, accompanied by the noise.

I can't get up and I can't even move. My eyes remain closed ... but the air returns to my system gradually ...

"Well, that was fast!"

And once again ... everything turns black ...

It was the farewell day, we were all radiant that we could finally leave St.Ignasius and begin to follow our dreams. My father came that afternoon to pick me up, I hadn't been with him since last weekend. I'm sure it will hurt him when I tell him that I've been accepted to a university out of here, and that I can't join him in the moving to Gotham.

I am sure he will understand!

"So Harls, are you nervous?"

"Xander, Hi! A little bit, I'm going to miss you, you have to promise me that you'll send me messages and postcards from the places you walk by!"

"I'm not thinking about going around the world. If I go to college, I think I'm going to stay in one place and live in peace, which is what I always wanted."

"You still don't know if you were accepted?"

"Still no college has sent me an answer."

"You're the best student out here,I bet they're arguing for you!"

"Exaggerated!"

"And I don't like to hear you say those things, I know you deep down just want company and you're not a L.S."

"L. S.?!"

"Lonely soul!"

"I'll miss those jokes and your smile!"

"Aw!"

It was a hug so intense that I feel that I absorbed the perfume of it all. I didn't want to leave him, and I felt he didn't want to. But we sat in the living room, and without letting go we were again leaning against each other.

I heard someone calling my name, probably my father had arrived.

Xander followed me to the gate where my father was. I hugged him one last time and went into my father's arms.

I didn't want to leave him there! He did not want to go to a college where I wasn't! I would like to be more confident with myself to the point of saying what I feel, but I couldn't ... I am sure that our life would be very happy if we continued together. Yes, you are right! Maybe I'll see him again! After all, this doesn't have to be a permanent farewell.