Chapter Five

"Ecco? What was she like the last time you saw her? "

"She had a make-up ... a clown, very ugly ... she was always laughing and smiling ... as if nothing had happened ... talking about strange things that made no sense ... that was not my sister!"

Do you think I shouldn't tell anyone what I just found out? Because?? Ahhhh, it makes sense !!! Chances are they'll use her as bait to catch Ecco and find out how she's going to spread the drugs. And then they're probably going to send her to a boarding school ... She will not be adopted by any family if they learn that her sister is a psychopath!

"Alison, I know who did this to your sister!"

"I don't want to live with her ... my whole family has died ... I'm alone at the moment ..."

"No you're not! I'm going to be able to stop the criminals your sister is working for! She'll never find you again, but you have to do me a favor! "

"Can you do that? OK!"

"You have to promise me that what you just told me is just between us!"

"Do you want me to lie to the police ?!"

"Yes ... For your sister never finding you! Can you do that? "

"Yes! But what am I supposed to say then? "

"Tell them that your mother, after your father died, began to use drugs. She was abusing you, and today she was completely crazy! She began to blame you for everything that happened and wanted to kill you, but you defended yourself unintentionally and she died. "

"I killed her?"

"Not. The drugs we found on her body were what caused her death! You had nothing to do with what happened! Do you promise that you will do as we agreed? "

"I promise!"

First day of work and I'm already hiding information about a case. But everyone does it! I'm not hiding from them, because I just feel like it, I'm protecting this child, I want to give her a safe life, so she does not fear that anyone who walks through the door of the house is her sister's psychopath ready to give her a shot!

"Jim!"

"Harleen, wherever you went, we were looking for you!"

"I found a person. This is Alison, the victim's daughter, she's going to tell you what happened. "

"Don't worry, no one will blame you!"

"Looks like our work here is done! Harleen, I want to introduce you to Bruce Wayne! "

"So you're the new partner of Lucious!?!"

"Guilty!"

"I called Bruce because he has access to a database that contains all the illicit substances that are on the market."

"I heard there's a new drug in Gotham."

"It seems so, unfortunately."

"Follow me to my house, so it is easier for you to seek what you want."

"Thank you for your help."

I followed Lucious and Bruce, after saying good-bye to Alison, promising him that everything would be all right. I also told Jim that I need to talk to him privately after he closed the case. I want to make sure Alison changes her identity and leaves Gotham, so she can start her life while she's young.

Bruce's car has dark glasses and there's an old man at the driver's door who greets us. His name is Alfred and it looks like he's the boy's butler. Bruce looks like a young adult, gave him 19 years, and what I understand so far is that he lives with the butler. And to have a butler must be rich. "Wayne," where did I ever hear that nickname? Ah! I already know! Wayne Enterprises of course! The owners were murdered years ago in an alley in Gotham leaving the son in the care of the butler. It seems that today's children don't have an easy childhood.

Apart from most of my friends from high school, they lived with their rich, happy families. But Bruce was not like them.

"Where are you from, miss Quinzel?"

"New York! I mean, I lived in Metropolis with my parents, but then I went to New York to study. "

"Metropolis? Is it really here, did you ever visit Gotham? "

"Not. My father came to work here after I went to college. But until yesterday, I had never come here. "

"As you can see, it's still a city it's construction."

"To bits, I think the city will get better and better."

"We're here."

I heard that the Wayne had a mansion, but apparently did not escape the dark year either. Although the house where they live now is not too far behind, but wouldn't say that it was a billionaire who lived here.

"Come in, feel free! Before the mansion Wayne was destroyed I kept all the data and documents my father had on the computer. Here, you can begin. "

"Thanks, Bruce!"

While Lucious was looking for what we were looking for on the computer, Alfred invited me to sit down and have some tea. Bruce sat next to me and read a newspaper. It was not normal for him to read newspapers. He seemed desperate to find some news. What would it be?

"I do not want to be nosy, but can I help?"

"I wish I could, unfortunately no one can."

"Are you looking for someone? Ex-girlfriend? "

"Almost that? How did you guess? "

"I'm good at reading signs! If you want I can give a helping hand. "

"You'd better not get caught up in the Gotham mess, believe me, it's a bummer!"

"I think I immersed myself in Gotham's confusion the moment I took this job. And believe me, I would not be here if I did not think this city does not need help. And by the way, you're one of her pillars, so you can count on me for anything. "

"I must say, the girl is good with speeches."

"You can call me directly from Harleen, Alfred, you do not need to have that for formalities with me."

"Her name is Selina Kyle. She helped me after my parents died, and we became good friends. We got into trouble and we always got out of them. Until things started to get complicated. Some people started using her against me, and she almost went dead for it. I managed to save her, but she never went back to what she was. It grew more and more violent until the Selina I knew disappeared. "

"What are you looking for in the paper, then?"

"Something that gives me a clue as to her whereabouts, just to know if she's still alive."

"I'm sorry if the words I'm going to use hurt you, but it seems that she has gone the opposite way to yours. And if you love her enough you have only two options: you are willing to let her go to the life she has chosen and prevent her from hurting people; or do you think you can take the path she has chosen? "

"There's always a third option! I can try to make her regret the choice she made! "

"Normally, this option never ends well! Believe me, I already experienced it! "

"It does not hurt to try one last time."

"I found it, Harleen!"

"So, what do you find?"

"Little, the only thing he says is that this type of drugs are produced from toxic and chemical flowers, usually the flower used is called laskspur."

"There's only one person in Gotham who has access to all kinds of flowers!"

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
Are you enjoy it so far? Give it a big like if you are👍👍❤️

Ps: Thursday is a very special day for gotham fans so I will publish an extra-chapter :)

Ps Ps: Some photos of Jeremiah's final version have been leak, but the Jeremiah visual that he have in my fanfic I will draw it and post here when I finish.