Keith: Up All Night

Pidge's smiling face filled the screen and I smiled back as she readjusted her glasses and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Hey! Keith! It's been a while." I laughed a little.

"Yeah, it has. Sorry Pidge."

"I heard you were back on earth a while ago and yet, you have failed to come see Matt and I." Pidge said with a slight smirk.

"Yeah I know that's partly my fault but also partly yours since you weren't free earlier today." After having lunch at Shiro's house, Lance and I went to that mall he talked about and tried to call Pidge or Matt to see if they wanted to take a break from whatever the hell they were doing to hang out. Of course they both said, next time, and  actually gave us a specific date and time that they would be available. Pidge waved me away on screen.

"I'm busy Kogane. Fight me." I laughed. "What have you been up to this whole time?"

"I've been with Lance and his family on their farm. It's really nice out here."

"Lance? Really? Not Shiro and Curtis?" Pidge said sounding a bit curious but also like she already knew I was with Lance. Well not with Lance but staying at his house for the time being.

"Well with their little girl and all, I didn't want to be a burden or get in their way or anything." Pidge laughed a little.

"I'm sure they would have loved to have you as a baby sitter Keith. Shiro always complains about how he doesn't think their Slaskorian Nanny knows how to handle human children." I shrugged.

"Honestly I'm probably as good with kids as the Slakorian is. Why don't they find someone else if they don't like her?" Pidge rolled her espies, smiling.

"Curtis adores Dorlina and so does Riley."

"Typical." Pidge laughed.

"So why are you calling so late? Isn't farm work keeping you busy? Tiring you out? The couple of times I've slept over at Lance's house, they were always working and I tried to help out at first but this city girl is horrible at country life." I laughed because were hardly out in the country. I can still see the city from where we are. "I'm serious. Did you know there's a wrong way to water plants? I nearly killed Mrs. McClain's tomato patch. She took it very well and didn't blame me at all but... Jesus. I didn't know there was a such thing as over watering."

"Damn Pidge. Is that why they don't let you out here anymore?" Pidge snorted.

"I'm still allowed over asshole I'm just so busy all the time." She pauses. "I do wish I could see Lance more though. He doesn't come to town often and I know how lonely he gets out there with just his parents." I frowned a little. He didn't seem that lonely. Maybe I'm just not that observant though. "It's good that you're there actually Keith." Pidge continued. "You should try to convince him to come back to the Garrison. I know there's a whole hoard of kids who want to talk to him about the time he spent in Red and Blue since you're not very forthcoming about your time in the lions or, you know, ever available." I laughed a little.

"I don't think he wants to go back." I said trying to think back to a conversation I may or may not have had with him about why he left the Garrison.

"I know... He used to want to be a fighter pilot though, a Captain. I think he even told me once that after he became a famous space explorer that he would want to become a teacher at the Garrison." All of this surprised me. I may not have talked much with Lance at first but I did think I knew him just as well as Pidge and Hunk and everyone else. Apparently not though. "I don't know what happened. Well, I know what happened but..." Pidge stopped and sighed. I cleared my throat lightly and decided to switch the subject back to the reason for my call.