Chapter 8- Escape plan

Chapter 8: Escape Plan

Hazel filled India in on everything that had happened and what would happen after lights out. She was to meet at the old shed behind the dorms and the plan would begin to take form…

Hazel crept out of bed as soon as the last footsteps had died away. She came to the shed and nearly had the fright of her life when something moved inside. As the figure came into the dim moonlight Hazel made it out to be Aimee.

“Oh, it’s you,” Hazel said breathlessly.

“I’m glad it’s you too,” Aimee replied walking back inside the shed.

Aimee and Hazel waited in anticipation for Alice and India. Hazel had sent mind messages updating everyone about their new addition to the team.

Alice arrived almost straight after Hazel, having followed closely behind. India, on the other hand, took a while to arrive. She had trouble getting out fast but arrived eventually.

The first stage of the plan began.

Hazel sat on the wooden floor, the other girls beside her. India was to be first to get her disc removed so she could heal everyone else and maybe help with Melanie later on.

“This will hurt,” Hazel explained. “The disc tries to fight me off.”

“Just get it over and done with,” India decided.

“All right then,” Hazel said, as she placed her hands over where the disc sat in India’s arm.

Slowly Hazel felt the disc move. She could also feel the shockwaves it was giving off.

Alice moved beside India to offer support and comfort. India braced herself each time a shockwave came over her. The disc eventually made its way out and almost as soon as it had left India’s body the skin covered over the gash that had formed and India relaxed.

“That fast?” Hazel asked looking at the small scar which had been a large cut a few seconds ago.

“Every time,” India replied.

India glanced at Hazel’s arm that was still covered in a blood-stained cloth.

“Do you want me to…?” India started. She didn’t need to finish her sentence. Hazel took off the make-shift bandage to reveal a bloody wound that had started to get infected.

Hazel gasped in pain as India placed her hands on the tender area. A tingling sensation that felt like pins and needles entered her arm. The wound started healing and within minutes only a scar was left.

“Wow!” Hazel exclaimed touching her arm in amazement.

Getting back to the task at hand, she looked at the others, “Let’s get on with this.”

Aimee was next. Hazel placed her hands on Aimee’s arm and repeated the process. This time India helped. She placed her hands on Aimee and helped to keep the shockwaves from hurting Aimee. The disc came out sooner than it had before. Hazel was getting better at this. India healed the cut and Hazel and India moved to do Alice. The disc came out even sooner and only took about thirty seconds. As soon as the disc was out, Alice’s body started shimmering. She stood up. First her hair colour changed, then her eyes before she became younger and shorter. She stayed in her black dress which was now a few sizes too big. She then gave a little twirl.

“This is me,” Alice said. “and I haven’t felt this good in a long while.”

Alice was now the blonde-haired, violet-eyed, thirteen year old girl that she normally was.