9. Revenge is a plate best served... by someone else

The rest of Rey's day was silent. And so was most of the next one. She had dived into her textbooks, revising everything from the past semester, and preparing for the next one. It kept her mind occupied, so as not to think of either of them. It was also important, if she wanted to get good grades and keep her scholarship. But, of course, having a whole day with peace and quiet was too much to ask for during the holidays...

There was a knock on her dorm room door. It was so gentle she almost thought she misheard. Everyone was away, anyway. Who would be knocking on her door? She didn't really want to be asking that question, because her mind travelled to one man, and one man only. And now her hopes were up. Thankfully, they weren't crushed when she opened the door.

"What are you doing here, Kylo?" she whispered, looking down the hallway for any wandering students. It felt like they were doing something illegal, but the truth was far from it.

Before she could even gesture at him, he rushed in, closed the door behind him and leaned against it. Rey moved to the center of the room, and groaned.

"Kylo, I really don't need you here right now."

He raised an eyebrow. "Do you want me here though?"

She stomach did a flip. But she refused to let her face blush. She opened her mouth to answer him, but he just shook his head absentmindedly, and dipped his hand in his pocket. He took out a piece of paper and unfolded it.

"Here's what I did to Hux," he said, as he stuck the paper on her door with a piece of duck tape that was already on it.

It finally came into focus, and Rey realized it was a printed picture of her ex. As she took a step closer, she made out that he was laying on the floor, eyes closed and face and clothes covered in blood.

She shrieked. "Kylo!" She ran to him and immediately fell on his broad body. But he had nowhere to go, really, as he was already flushed on the door. "What did you do to him?" she cried out, hitting everything she could reach.

Sure, maybe Kylo could be less straight forward to her about it. He could soften the blow, sugar-coat the reality. But he tried that the previous day, and it hadn't worked. No, he was good at being honest and blunt. He was just going to tell her, because there wasn't really any other way.

He stretched his arms that had wrapped around her, peeling her off of him so that he could see her face. "Rey, he cheated on you."

It almost felt comical to say that, considering she had done the same thing, with him no less. But that was a lot different. A lot worse.

She froze, but didn't look in his eyes. Instead, she stared at his chest.

"Multiple, multiple times," he continued. "I always assumed it had been you, but then you told me you had never… well..."

"Wha..?" she breathed out. Her eyes found the picture again, but this time it did nothing to her. It didn't make her feel sad, or hurt. Nothing.

"And-" Kylo continued after swallowing hard, "- I'm pretty sure it was with guys, too."

Guys? Did he just say-

Suddenly, her head jerked up, and she glared straight into his eyes, with her mouth open and her brow furrowed. Her gaze was so strong it was disorienting. He pressed his full lips together.