18. Living the double life

At some point, Rey had to tell her friends about Kylo. Or at least, that she was seeing someone. Well, not seeing.Fucking. They were just fucking, that's what this was. There weren't any feelings involved, they didn't care; they just used each other. Because it was so. Good. She had thought that fighting was the only thing they could do right. But she had never been more wrong in her life. It was addictive. There wasn't a moment where she could think about him and not start aching for his touch. Maybe he was bad at everything else, but she couldn't lie about the way he made her feel. And she knew she could make him feel good, too. She could see it in his eyes when they locked with hers during sex. She could hear it in his voice when he moaned her name as he came. She knew it from the way he looked at her during class or the way he held her close to his chest after their lovemaking.

She wanted more. She wanted to be with him all the time. Wanted to take him everywhere; on his desk, in the library, in her dorm room, in the classroom, in the bathroom. Just anywhere they could find some privacy. But she could only lie about hanging out with her best friend so much. She had been extremely lucky that Rose hadn't thought about talking to Finn while she was gone. But it wasn't enough. That lie only gained her a couple of hours. She wanted to sleep with Kylo in her arms. She wanted to eat dinner with him if it meant he would cook for her again. She wanted to just spend a whole weekend at his place without leaving for a second.

But she couldn't do that unless her friends knew she was seeing someone. Or at least Rose.

So as she was preparing to go to the class she had before Civil and Environmental Engineering, she decided to speak to her.

"Um… " How do you say such a thing? Her roommate looked at her, waiting to hear what she had to say. "Don't wait for me after class."

"Oh. Will you go at Finn's again?"

Rey started playing with her messenger bag. "Well… no. Not really." She was staring at the floor, but when Rose didn't speak for a while, she looked up. Her eyebrows were raised and she had a smirk on her lips.

"Oh, I see. And… how long has Finn not really been Finn?"

Rey grimaced. "Not too long. Just over a week."

Her roommate gasped. "And you haven't told me anything? Ts-ts-ts. Fine, but the only way I can forgive you for this is if you give me all the details afterward."

Rey was surprised to hear that. Wasn't she even going to ask who it was? Maybe she had seen the color of her cheeks and didn't want to put her in an even more difficult situation. Or maybe she already knew.

"O-kay…?" she mumbled, and they walked towards their classes together. That went well. But then again, Rose was never the problem. She should really see how she would tell Finn now.

***

Both Rey's and Kylo's last class for the day was Civil and Environmental Engineering. And there was no other class after that in the auditorium. That meant they had a bit of time, and they usually used this day if they wanted to talk. Waited for the rest of the students to vanish, and then carefully left the classroom separately. But they never did anything inappropriate. It was too risky. Although to say that neither of them had thought about it, or better yet, kept thinking about it all during the lecture, would be a terrible lie. That day was no different.

Kylo noticed Rey checking him out absentmindedly, chewing at the end of her pen. She looked really, really hot like that. And an idea came to his mind. He asked her a question. It was a difficult one, and especially since she wasn't paying attention, he knew she wouldn't get it right. Rey sat up straight, and even from far away, he could see her start blushing. He snorted, made a snarky comment about her not knowing the answer, and then asked her another question. That one was actually from the next lecture. She definitely didn't know that one. She blushed even more, as some students turned their backs to look at her.