27. Life was just too good lately so...

"What's that?"

Kylo jumped slightly from his seat. He smashed his laptop closed as fast as he could and spun around to look at-

"Hux."

The ginger man stood right beside Kylo, the only other man in the room. He smiled widely and pointed at the laptop. "Was that a resignation letter?"

"No!" Kylo barked.

Hux's grin got wider. "It was, wasn't it! Ben Organa Solo… are you leaving?"

If you haven't seen a wild animal ready to attach its prey before, you might not understand what Kylo looked like at that moment. Jaw, fists, clenched. Brow, furrowed. Breathing, shallow. Eyes, unblinking.

"Oh, Ben… why are you leaving us?" Hux started laughing.

"It's none of your business!" Kylo spat out.

"Oh, really?" He raised an eyebrow. "And here I thought I had everything to do with you quitting."

Kylo stood suddenly up, making the chair scratch the floor as it was drawn back. But Hux didn't look intimidated. At all.

"Oh, I see. Your plan is to punch me again and then leave the country, is it not?"

The longer Kylo stayed silent, the more Hux was laughing loudly.

"Good thinking. Go on, then," Hux tried to stay still, something that was pretty hard due to him laughing too much. "Oh no, wait!" He put his hand on his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. He tapped something on it and then the distinct bleepof a video being recorded was heard. He carefully placed his phone on the counter next to them so that it was filming them. He turned back to Kylo and smiled. "Now you can go."

Kylo eyed the phone, his left eye twitching. For a split second, he thought about breaking it and then breaking the man before him. But he just bit his lips, grabbed his laptop and walked away. Pushing Hux with his shoulder while doing so, of course.

"Yeah- good riddance!" Hux called after him. "Kyle Ron."

***

Poe looked up when he heard the knocking on the door. He immediately frowned. He wasn't friends with Kylo; they barely even talked. Especially after Rey had broken up with Hux. But apparently they were getting closer every day since everything went to hell between Kylo and Rey.

"Hey bud," Poe spoke. "What's eating you today?"

Honestly, he had never seen Kylo looking worse than he did at that moment. Dirty clothes, dark circles under his eyes, messy hair.

"I'm weak," Kylo spoke with the lowest voice Poe had ever heard.

"Weak? Do you mean physically or-"

The tall man stumbled inside the office and drugged a chair closer to him. He let his body fall on it, his arms hanging from the sides, his head disappearing behind his chest.

"I'm weak Poe!" he said a little louder. "I can't be- I can't just leave Rey alone. I see her, I wanna have her. I can't stay the fuck away from her for her own sake!"