20. Your eyes can deceive you

Perhaps Rey had overreacted juuust a little bit. And, of course, she was never planning on staying mad at Kylo forever; even if she wanted to, she wouldn't be able to resist those plump lips. It wasn't a self-control kind of thing. It was logic. She had gone for too long without him, and she wasn't about to miss him just because of a fight. They had been through many of those, she knew how to deal with them. She wasn't going to let it get too serious. But it wasn't her fault that Kylo was very, very bad at apologizing. Just. The worst!

Who -the fuck- calls their girlfriend nothing?

He had stupidly tried to fix it immediately, saying that wasn't the case to him, and that it wasn't the way he meant it. But of course–with his politician mother and aviator father he was something. He had heritage, whereas her parents had abandoned her after some vacation on Niima Outpost, never to return. She didn't even know her real last name. And that meant she was nothing.

So the second time he tried to apologize, she shut him out. The fifth time he tried talking to her, she didn't listen. He was begging, he sounded desperate. But apparently, there is a limited amount of times Kylo Ren can lose his dignity. One day he just decided that he would be mad at her.

Whether he had actually thought himself deserving of being angry, or just wanted to play her, she didn't know. But the silence was keenly noted. Even during his lecture that one time, he constantly scoffed and absolutely didn't look her way. If his plan was to manipulate her into yielding and making up with him, she honestly hated herself, but it was working. And the next day after lunch she found herself wandering towards where he worked his office hours.

But -you guessed it- she never reached him. Because she saw him in the hallway, talking to a girl. She was younger than him, yet older than Rey. As well as taller, leaner and more beautiful. Or at least that's what her eyes told her. She was looking at Kylo in the evil kind of stare that he gets sometimes, and Rey's throat itched at the thought that perhaps the two of them had more similarities than she did with him. Then she was laughing, touching his bicep the way that come on, everyone knows is flirting! Kylo leaned slightly to whisper something in her ear. For fuck's sake, Rey wanted to plug her eyes out! And as if all of that wasn't enough, as they walked the other way, the bastard had the audacity to even place his hand over her back.

Rey did her research; the girl was called Bazine Netal, and she was doing her master's in molecular biology. So she had no reason to be talking to an Engineering professor.

She forced her brain to think this through. She and Kylo had never been exclusive. And suddenly she felt so stupid for having called herself a girlfriend of his. Maybe people don't tell their girlfriends they're nothing, but what about their fuck-buddies?

She almost felt sad. She almost cried. But then fury overcame her. Oh, she wasn't enough for Kylo? He had gone a few days without fucking her, and he couldn't even keep it in his pants?

She walked into Civil and Environmental Engineering with her battle face on. What was this? The third or the fourth class since they fought? It felt like years had passed. Kylo was already in the auditorium, setting up the projector for his lecture.

Don't get Rey wrong; ever since this course started she only had eyes for her professor. But it's not like they weren't attached to her brain. She had seen that cute junior that was usually sitting alone a couple of rows ahead of her. But he wouldn't be sitting alone today.