[11] mcdonald's pt.2

yein

today is the first day of our intramurals. today is also the day of my game. i had hundreds of missed calls from my mom.

she tried to stop me from participating in the game. an overprotective mom she is. it's all because i am asthmatic. but it's not that worse though.

i am wearing my jersey today. our section and jinyoung's section are in the same team. their game had began this morning and unfortunately, they lost.

their opponent just simply won by one point. yes, it still feels so frustrating because of that one point gap.

any minute, we will be called for the game already. i am quite nervous-- no, extremely nervous. based on the previous games, there were a lot who came to watch.

i am certain that more people will come to watch our game since the team we are going to play with is well-known in the campus.

i just hope i won't make myself look stupid in the court.

i am sitting alone here in the bleachers, watching the game when kyulkyung suddenly welcomed my sight. she walked towards me and sat beside me.

"yein, did you know that sweater guy is part of the varsity team?" she said as she drank her smoothie.

"eh? he plays basketball?"

"yes," she responded and looked at me. "didn't you see him during the opening ceremony earlier? when they called out the players in the varsity team?"

maybe i was pretty busy that time that i didn't know about it.

moments passed and we were already called for the next game. while walking down the bleachers, i could feel how my heart was beating so fast.

i saw jinyoung. he just arrived. man, he is going to watch the game for sure. they coached us days ago and we are in the same team so there's a reason for him to watch us.

before finally stepping in the court, i crouched down to tie my shoelace properly. fucking hell, i have never been this nervous in my entire life.

just when i was about to stand up, the figure of an unexpected person popped right in front of me.

we stared at each other for seconds and we both ended the gander quickly.

what the heck? did i just exchange looks with sweater guy?

through my peripheral view, i saw him finding a vacant seat at the bleachers.

geez. is he going to watch our game?

why did i just get more nervous than a moment ago?

**

my day ended with hoshi inviting us to have our dinner at mcdonald's. i just went here yesterday and i am coming again tonight.

yesterday, i was with eunmi and jinah. but today, i am with kyulkyung, dokyeom, hoshi and eunwoo.

these four are classmates. i have known kyulkyung and eunwoo since primary, we were schoolmates. me and kyulkyung met dokyeom during the middle school. and i just met hoshi today in high school because of these three.

i am currently in line, waiting for my turn to get my orders when my eyes turned on my right.

i unknowingly pinched kyulkyung on her arm. fudge.

sweater guy is here. he's also waiting for his turn to order.

i can't believe he is here again in mcdonald's. he was here yesterday and now i'm seeing him today.

"gosh, i saw him here yesterday, too," i whispered to kyulkyung.

"really? omo. is this what we call destiny?" she bantered while giving me some meaningful looks.

"shut up, it's your turn now," i snapped.

i looked at his direction once more.

why do i keep seeing you, sweater guy?