[38] song

yein

"what? why me?!" i shouted when my classmates began dragging me towards the stage.

a competition for song composition.

this activity was introduced during the meeting last week. we were the one who planned about this but i end up participating on it.

i have no choice but to walk to the stage to represent my section. these fuckers.

we will only be given 30 minutes to compose our own song.

i quickly grabbed the guitar and sat on my designated chair.

so this activity follows with 30 minutes of preparation, for both the lyrics and tune. after that, we will be singing it to the crowd. lastly, everyone has to vote for the best contestant by lighting the assigned color (of the contestant) on their light stick.

geez, my mind is not in the mood to compose a song. it is not active at the moment and i only get to compose a good piece if the surrounding is serene and quiet but dude, this activity got some twists.

while we are preparing, a band will perform on the stage. thus, it would make us lose our concentration in composing.

plus i don't have a subject in mind yet. oh my god, what would be the theme of my song?

should i just use my old works? but bro, it's been a long time since i wrote one, i can't fully remember anything.

should i just talk about politics? woman empowerment? poverty? corruption? creepy stories? adventure?

or something erotic?

oh my god i don't fucking know what and how to start. shit, we only got 25 minutes left. geez, i already wasted 5 minutes.

i glanced at my opponents and they are already writing on their paper and some are already starting to create the tune for their song.

shit.

should i just talk about school? about our school? the beauty of our school or something?

yes, i should just go with this.

i tied my hair up and hands gripping my pencil, preparing to write.

but urgh! i can't think of anything!

i looked at the crowd, trying to search for my friends. i should ask for some help.

raeun and yoonah just shouted, "yein, fighting!" and my other classmates followed them but none of it was able to help me think of something.

i could just place my palm on my face.

oh no, am i going to embarrass myself this time again? but in front of a bigger audience? damn it.

i looked around and spotted jungkook and his friends on the side. fudge, he is watching.

suddenly, he looked at the stage. he caught me looking at him. fuck.

after taking my eyes off him, i secretly glanced at him again.

and damn

he was smiling. hell. that smile. oh my god, don't smile.

his smile makes my heart flutter. he suddenly brushed his hair with his fingers, oh god.

wait. okay. thanks.

and i began writing on my paper.

****

"okay, let's go with jeong yein!"