[36] embarrased

third person pov

hardly catching her breath, yein nervously walked inside the room.

it's the weekend but yein has to go to school to attend a meeting.

the meeting will be for next week's event, to celebrate the month of november.

each section has two representatives for this meeting. yein and eunmi are here for their section.

but as soon as yein stepped in, she immediately viewed the presence of jungkook which made her get more anxious.

her ears are already prepared for the scolding that she will be receiving from the teacher in charged for this meeting. ma'am seonri, the famous terror and strictest teacher in the school.

"oh, you're here, ms. jeong," ma'am seonri clearly stated the obvious that made everyone's head turn to yein.

yein looked down as she felt conscious and embarrassed in front of the students here in the room. shades of red started to appear on her face. please, ma'am seonri, save your scolding later, please just not in front of jungkook.

"you are already 45 minutes late and you still have the guts to walk inside as if nothing happened?" ma'am seonri raised her voice that got yein startled.

"irresponsible, useless student. you were chosen to be a representative because they believe that you have the qualities that the others do not have!" the teacher chastised.

yein could just close her eyes with her head down while receiving those harsh and inappropriate words from ma'am seonri. please, ma'am, enough.

she can stand the humiliation but not if jungkook is around. she does not want to obtain such comments in front of the person she likes. who would want their crush to see them in embarrassment?

"look at me!" ma'am seonri yelled. yein flinched but eventually looked at her.

"we rarely have meetings and now you arrived late? we are almost done with the concept!"

yein's eyes suddenly travelled towards his eyesㅡ jungkook's eyes. jungkook was also looking at her. when their eyes met, yein quickly looked away with some tears trying to show up on her eyes.

"ma'am."

"yes, mr. jeon?" responded ma'am seonri when jungkook called for her attention.

"i should go outside, my mother is calling me." he stood up and left the room.

yein exhaled in relief now that jungkook just left.

"you don't deserve to be the representative of your section if you're acting like that. irresponsible and lazy!"

the castigation eventually finished and the meeting resumed. eunmi secretly comforted yein who is sitting quietly beside her.

while the meeting was going on, yein never landed her eyes on jungkook. she still feels embarrassed. jungkook just witnessed her in embarrassment.

after an hour, the meeting has ended. eunmi, pulling yein's hand, excused themselves right after the meeting was adjourned.

"are you fine?" eunmi questioned.

"no, that was really embarrassing. does she have to humiliate me in front of everyone?" yein gloomily replied.

meanwhile in the meeting room, a nurse from the infirmary visited ma'am seonri along with the representatives left.

"is ms. jeong yein here?" inquired the nurse.

"she just left," hoshi answered. hoshi was one of the representatives, him and jungkook are classmates, they are the rep of their section.

"why, ms. rin?" asked ma'am seonri.

"oh the parents of a grade 3 student are looking for her. earlier, the student was attacked by her asthma and yein brought her immediately to the infirmary. if the student wasn't brought to the infirmary earlier, she would be in the hospital by now."

"anyways, thank you. i will just tell the parents that yein already left," said the nurse and left the room where everyone was left speechless and feeling awkward after figuring out that ma'am seonri went far in scolding yein earlier.

yein was late for a valid reason after all. she didn't deserve those harsh words that were thrown to her awhile ago.

jungkook fixed his things on the desk and settled it on his bag. he walked past ma'am seonri and said, "you should apologize to yein, ma'am."