[35] cafeteria

yein

simple day, usual routine. november has come.

ever since that consecutive moments had happened, my friends couldn't refrain themselves from singing that song.

it seems like there's a curse on that song.

whenever someone will begin singing the first line, someone we like would appear.

anyways, we are now going to the cafeteria to have our lunch.

"why were you absent yesterday, yein?" eunmi asked.

"no reason, i just don't feel like going to school," i answered before sitting.

there is still 5 more minutes before the bell rings and that would indicate that it's already lunch time

luckily, we have found an available table.

if we leave the classroom 5 minutes after the bell rings, we wouldn't have the chance to get a table here in the cafeteria.

our campus is undeniably expansive, i mean it's really huge. but the cafeteria is just too small and very crowded. they really should build another cafeteria.

"aren't you going to eat?" jinah asked as she noticed that i have no food in front of me.

"i am not in the mood to eat," i responded.

"oof."

"oh my."

"something in your eyes, tell me who i am~"

here comes the fucking song again. i looked at them and they began smiling suspiciously. it made me curious about who appeared this time.

they are all looking at me and i guess that already gives me answer.

i just blankly looked at raeun who is sitting across me.

geez, jungkook just passed behind her. i didn't look at him, i just stared at raeun while she is wiggling her eyebrows.

i felt jungkook's presence beside me, damn he just passed by me.

but no, the presence stayed there.

he was freaking there standing beside our table. beside me.

don't tell me they are going to occupy this table beside us..

"let's stay here."

fuck that deep voice.

it came from him.

oh my god, how lucky am i today.

my crush is just here beside us. beside our table. he is like 3 feet away from me.

it's hard to glance at him, i would be too obvious.

"i feel like i am already in the mood to eat," i said and stood up to leave the table and get my food.

my friends could just laugh over my behavior.

you know what, if i don't have a crush, this school year will totally be a very boring moment for me. i mean i am not that grade-conscious type of student, i don't care about things like that. you know i am boring person.

if i haven't met jungkook, i'd be an introverted person or someone who does not talk or does not like socializing.

"yes, mom. i will go home early today. okay, mom." jinah is now talking to her mom on the phone. but while she is conversing with her mom, she keeps on looking at me.

"what?" i mouthed. she just shook her head.

****

"look, girl!! he took a glance from you!" jinah squealed as she just disrupted my nap.

"what are you talking about?" i asked in confusion.

"look," she said and showed me her phone.

what the heck. it was a picture of me and jungkook in the caf earlier.

when did she freaking capture this. if she had shown her phone and took a pic of me with jungkook behind me, it would be really obvious for the others to see.

"i wasn't on the phone with my mom, i was simply taking pictures of you and jungkook," she chuckled.

"what the heck?" i reacted.

"you and your crush in one frame, oh my," eunmi joined us as she squealed as well.

oh my god.

i looked at the photo again and jungkook's eyes were really directed on me. his head was much focused on the phone that he was holding but his eyes shifted on my direction for a moment and jinah was able to capture it.

****

our class had already ended but we are not yet permitted to leave the school. we still have an hour to wait.

we are at the cafeteria, eating some snacks.

we usually stay here in the second floor of the caf after class. aside from it is not too crowded in here, we get to see a beautiful and relaxing view of the open field.

from our spot, we can also view the tables under the blue umbrellas.

and on the right timing, i found jungkook and his friends walking towards an available table.

geez. jungkook looked up.

he caught me looking at him.

fuck i instantly casted my eyes away from him and sipped on my drink as if i am just acting casually.

"oh my god, i don't know what is happening but did i just see your crush glanced at you?" jimin surprisingly uttered.

i choked on my drink. "ehh, that's too impossible."

i bravely turned my eyes towards his direction and he again caught my gander.

no, no. he was not looking at me nor stealing a glance from me. it's too impossible to happen. it's just too nice to be true.

maybe i was just hallucinating. or my eyes are just too blurry. yes, a hallucination or i got some eye problems.