Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Days passed and now it's my effin'g birthday, my mom arranged me an expensive costume party for my cousins and friends, get me an expensive dress, held the party in the most expensive hotel here in Seoul but I can't seem to get excited by any of it.

"All right done! You look so gorgeous darling" my makeup artist praised as soon as he finished putting make up on my face. I stand up from my chair at look myself on the full length mirror.

True, my outstanding beauty stands out for tonight, I look so normal on the outside but I am not on the inside.

My mom and dad also with their dress and suit came to my room "You look so beautiful sweetie, happy birthday" mom said and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thanks mom" I said and hug her, my dad also did the same to me "Happy Birthday princess, let's go now?" he said and guided me downstairs.

My brother also with his suit is waiting on our living room "Wow Jennie, you look stunning" he said and kissed me on the cheek "Happy Birthday princess, I love you"

I smiled "Thank you oppa"

We seated on our car and went to the said hotel, the party will start at 6 o clock in the evening. We headed inside the hotel and I'm amazed by the extravagant set up on the place. There are still no people around for its only 5:30 in the afternoon.

Mom and dad went to the event organizers while my brother and I seated on the designated seats for the Kims.

"Our cousins will be here soon" he said while scrolling his phone, probably seeing my cousin's message in our group chat. It's been weeks since I last visited my accounts.

I just nodded at him and busied myself looking around the place when my phone suddenly rings for a message. I grab it from my hand bag on the table and opened it.

My heart felt heavy again for I received a message coming from Lisa

Happy Birthday baby, always remember that I love you so much. By the way, I'm a soldier tonight ;)

If we were still okay, I am probably thrilled by now on seeing her in a military suit.

I heavily sighed and replied to her message, just this once, I'm replying. It's my birthday and I want to make myself happy atleast.

Thank you Liz.

My brother was right, my cousins with their parents then came with their own costumes not long after five minutes. Kai is wearing a vampire suit while Dahyun is cosplaying her favourite anime character. Taehyung with his bad boy leather jacket is walking beside Taeyoon in her angelic white dress and Jisoo with her stunning black demon dress.

My eyes immediately landed on my cousin who I didn't see for weeks and my heart started to race again upon seeing Lisa in a full military suit with her dark brown hair in a high ponytail. She looked so handsome and pretty at the same time, is that even possible?

Her eyes immediately darted on my and she stunningly smiled, shit don't give me that smile. I looked away and bore my eyes on Jin on who's wearing a turtleneck long sleeve with his coat on and black slacks.

My brother and I stood up to welcome them.

"Jendeuk happy birthday! Even if you didn't come to my birthday, I still love you" Jisoo exclaimed and hug me, I smiled and also hug her."Thank you Jisoo unnie" Taeyoon also did the same and greeted me happy birthday

"Unnie, happy birthday!" Dahyun exclaimed and kissed me on the cheeks.

"Thank you Dahyun" I said and hug her. The boys then came and also greeted me "Happy Birthday Jennie" Tae said and also kissed me on my cheek" Thank you"