C h a p t e r F i v e

~ The Fastest Way to Get Detention ~

Evie

I couldn't pay attention in English class, and I'm pretty sure that if I didn't stop clicking the top of my pen, Liv was going to grab it out of my hand and chuck it across the room.

English was my second class of the day, and as much as I enjoyed reading and writing, I couldn't care less about Shakespeare's impression in regards to Hamlet.

Plus I couldn't stop thinking about a certain brunette jock with fudge brown eyes that could make any girls heart melt.

Could he have really spread that rumour about me?

My anxiety spiked every time I conjured up another scenario regarding the possible rumors that him and Megan could have already spread. It got so bad that I switched from clicking my pen to tapping it vigorously on the desk. This only made things worse as the students in the row ahead of me each turned back to look at me with annoyed expressions.

I put my pen down and mouthed a sorry.

My attention was pulled to my phone as it buzzed in my pocket.

Liv: You thinking about joining cheer?

Liv knew that I had been a co-captain cheerleader back in Winchester, so she was probably wondering if I was going to join the team here since I had experience. I hadn't given it much thought, but if anything I could use a good distraction.

I took gymnastics since I was five, and I valued the challenge and skill that it required, although I totally could have done without the wedgies from the tight uniforms. But since I had taken a step back from competing, I joined cheerleading to keep up with my skills and flexibility.

I thought for a moment before answering.

Me: I will if you do.

This earned me a scoff from across the room, and a quick reply back.

Liv: LOL ya right like it'd do cheer. I classify myself as more mascot material.

Me: I'm only trying out if you come with me.

Liv: Ugh do I have to?

Me: Yes.

Liv: K.

Me: Oh come on you'd look hot in the outfit, I know Logan would appreciate it ;).

I laughed when I saw her blush at the side comment.

Me: AND DONT YOU DARE K ME BITCH

She then had a small outburst of laughter at my sassiness.

Liv: I'll talk to Courtney after class and get times for tryouts. I think there's two left!

I was about the reply to Liv when I heard someone clear their throat in front of me.

"Ms. Winter, since you're not interested in my discussion regarding Hamlets protagonist and antagonist characters and their motives, perhaps additional time after school will be more to your liking?"

Mrs. Gibson placed her hand out and waited until I gave her my phone, and walked back to the front of class. I looked over at Liv and she mouthed a big sorry.

I guess I won't be going to cheer after all.

~~~~~

Evie

After making it through the rest of my classes and lunch period, I was able to finally go home.

Just kidding, I still had detention.