C h a p t e r T w e l v e

~ The Fight of a Champion ~

Easton

A sea of green and white weaved it's way through the freshly cut lacrosse field as we set ourselves up for our pre-game warm-up. Ethan shook his body, jumping around a few times to expel additional adrenaline and to loosening up his muscles. He then grabbed his special lacrosse stick, the one specific for a goalie, and jogged towards the net.

The team created four lines, two formed on either side of the goaltender, and two more that were parallel about twenty yards away. The players on either side of the goaltender were alternating passes to the players that occupied their parallel line, and the receiving players were taking shots on Ethan after successfully catching the passes.

My attention flashed over to the red and black uniforms that belonged to our competitors. The Spartans had a good reputation, but it was nothing compared to our team. I knew some of the players from lacrosse camp during this passed summer, and therefore knew their style and positioning while playing. With that advantage, I knew that I could easily weave through as well as defend against their teammates.

I snapped back into the drill as Logan called my name; I immediately intercepted a quick pass, and expertly whipping the ball towards the goal. The net ricocheted as the small ball came into contact, and I could hear Ethan cursing from the goal as he swung his stick in frustration.

I laughed lightly, "maybe next time Ethan", I said. He just rolled his eyes as he readied himself for the next shot.

I turned to jog to an alternative line when Reece met me halfway, "look who came to watch", he said pointing his chin towards the bleachers.

My gaze traveled firstly to the cheerleaders sitting on the lower steel benches. Megan was noticeably pointing her finger while barking demands at her fellow cheerleaders, but my gaze then traveled further up as my eye caught a specific color that sparked my interest significantly.

Blonde.

Evie sat beside Liver, her ash blonde hair lightly blowing away from her face. She sported her usual white dress shirt and the navy blue and forest green kilt, but I noticed that she threw on a bomber jacket over top. Her long tanned legs were peaking out, up until the point to wear her knee high socks covered. She was chatting carelessly with Liv as she was holding down her kilt.

I could hear her voice in my head as if she was talking to me instead of Liver about her hate for the piece of fabric.

She might have hated the kilt, but I bloody loved it on her.

I loved it so much that it made me want to rip it off her every time that I saw her wearing it.

Which was five days a week.

I blew out a breath to calm myself; trying to tame the rabid beast that ignited my every desire. I looked over at Reece when I heard him chuckle, "you better not fuck up in front of her", he said motioning towards Evie. He smiled at me knowingly and walked back over to rejoin the drill, all the while I stood their staring like an idiot at my definition of a perfect girl.

It amazed me how well Reece actually knew me. I hadn't even mentioned Evie, but he could tell just by one look that I fancied her.

But who wouldn't, she's absolutely breathtaking.

As if she could hear my inner thoughts, Evie's green eyes met mine from across the field. I couldn't tear my gaze away as I surveyed her face, elegance and beauty so evident, and when she smiled at me I thought that my heart had stopped completely.

The loud sound of a whistle so rudely pulled my attention away, and was snapped back into reality of what was actually going on.

Lacrosse. Think about lacrosse.