C h a p t e r F i f t e e n

~ An Undeniable Feeling ~

Evie

The adrenaline that I was experiencing as I pulled Courtney's hand through the wide corridor of Dawson's home was like no other. I glanced around the halls as I admired the decor that littered the hallways; something small to momentarily distract me from the butterflies that erupted within my stomach.

I wasn't usually a very bold person, but tonight I wasn't going to be anything but bold.

"I wonder what game we'll be playing", Courtney spoke as her tiny little feet tried to match my determined strides.

I shrugged my shoulders in response, flipping my hair over my shoulder, "I'm not sure, but hopefully it's one where alcohol is involved".

Courtney ended up being the only girl who wanted to join me on my quest to play a drinking game. Although the other girls were very nice, they kindly declined as they mentioned that they were currently waiting for a pizza that they had ordered. Knowing how the appetite spikes after smoking cannabis, I was surprised that Courtney didn't decline as well, but she reassured me that she would come along after I told her how Logan had currently stolen Liv away for the night.

Once we arrived into the massive living room, I took the time to look around and admire the set up that Dawson had so perfectly created for a party. In the middle of the oak hardwood floor and under the crystal chandelier that hung from the ceiling, two tables were set up with red solo cups. Two different games were currently being played by different groups of people; one being beer pong and the other being flip cup. On either side of the tables, beige leather couches were occupied by other teens of all ages, some watching the games being unfolded, and others just simply conversing amongst themselves.

My eye caught a particular shade of red, and I instantly averted my gaze from Megan as she sat on top of Easton while undeniably sucking on his neck. At first he seemed unfazed-almost annoyed by the gesture-but then his deep brown eyes landed on me, and his demeanour changed drastically as he turned his face towards Megan and kissed her passionately.

My stomach dropped.

Ignoring the crushing feeling of my heart, I scoffed in response as I looked back towards the two tables in front of me. Get a room.

Where was Reece and Ethan when you needed them?

My thoughts were interrupted as a warm and strong arm wrapped its way around my neck, and pulled me into an even warmer embrace with a gentle pull, "hey doll".

A smiled pulled at my lips as I looked up at Reece, "hey gorgeous".

His mouth flashed white as his smiled widened, and he greeted Courtney after taking a sip from his solo cup, "so, what brings you ladies to the war zone?"

"War zone?" I quested with my eyebrows raised, "we're just here to play a drinking game".

Reece laughed as he removed his arm from my shoulder, and gestured to the two tables, "yeah that's what we call them here. People get pretty completive, so we refer to this area as the war zone. Nobody holds back here".

"Ah, I see", I replied as I nodded, followed by taking a sip of my own drink that I retrieved from the keg in the kitchen, "well, Courtney and I are down to play any game".

"Well then", Reece said as he grabbed ahold of my hand while motioning Courtney to follow, "you two came to the right place".

I couldn't help the small blush that passed over my cheeks, and smiled as I followed behind Reece to the tables with Courtney on my heels. He took us over to the table on the left, the one that other people were currently playing flip cup on, and I secretly did a cheer. I was thankful that I wasn't half bad at flip cup, and I especially didn't want to mess up in front of any particular individuals.