Chapter 12

'Well, that's just great. I can't find my brother or his friends anywhere. I need to tell someone about my epic prank on Draco!' My thoughts screamed. 'Wait..' Then I saw Fred and George they were sitting at the Gryffindor table.

"Oi, have I got something to tell you." I said, sitting down next to them.

"Sirius Black is in the castle?!" said one of the students.

"It's like trying to catch smoke, trying to catch it with your bare hands." said Dean

"What did you want to tell us?" Fred said

"Oh, I uh, I may have pulled a prank on Draco and his goons." I said, smiling a bit.

"What'd you do?" they asked, smiling.

"POTTER!!!" Draco yelled through the Dining hall, bright green hair flaring in the sun.

"That's what I did." I said, Fred and George laughing.

Draco looked over to me, I stopped laughing, he came over and examined me.

"Ava, did you dye your hair?" he asked

Everyone looked at us, I looked down, my hair falling around my face.

"No, this is my natural hair color." I said, moving around him.

I'm trying to avoid him now, I know he's following me. I turned around and pointed my wand at him. "Make it change, I don't so I ask ye to change him so mote it be." I said

His hair turned back to his bleach blonde color. I continued out of the school, towards the hill where Hagrid's hut was below. I didn't see Buckbeak, it was getting dark, and I heard people yelling. I didn't know where but I walked back towards the school. "Oh right, it was the HufflePuff vs. Gryffindor game today. The clouds looked feisty, I was about to run towards the Quidditch Field, when someone grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. I looked forward and saw Draco, looking really mad. Both my arms were pinned by my head.

"What do you want Draco?" I asked

"What do I want? I want to know why you're dressed like this, why you're pulling pranks on me, and why you're listening to Pansy." he said

"Well one, Pansy thought that you would like me in this outfit. Two, Pansy told me to, and three, I don't have any idea." I said, looking straight into his eyes.

"Well, don't okay, you looked just fine in any other outfit that wasn't Pansy's." he said.

"Well, can you let go of me now?" I asked

He didn't waver, instead his grip got tighter, then he whispered in my ear, "I'm not thinking about anything else but you right now!" I felt my face turn red, then we heard footsteps coming down the corridor. He backed off and ran around the corner, I saw Neville running down, looking scared.

"Neville, what's wrong?" I asked

"It's your brother. A dementor attacked him and he fell off his broom." he said

My eyes opened wide, then I ran towards the medical wing. I saw everyone around his bed and shoved through the crowd.

"He's a bloody mess." Ron said

"Yeah, let's throw you off the Astronomy tower, and see how you look." George said

"He would look better than he normally does." Me and Harry said

I hugged Harry but he told me he couldn't breathe. I let go and smacked Ron over the top of the head.

"Ow, what did I do?" he asked

I grabbed his arm and pulled him away. I smiled at him and looked into his mind. *Hey, I know it's rude, but I still want to see if I can control my powers.* I wish Hermione would just.. I don't know what I want her to do. But I do like her.

"Ha, knew it." I said, walking away triumphantly.

"Know what?" He asked.

"Secret." she said

"Tell me what you did." he whined

"I peeked into your mind, by the way. *walks over to him* Your hair is so fluffy." I said, messing with his hair.

"Stop it, and you have no right to go through peoples mind." He said, as I walked away.

I turned around and smirked, "Oh yes I do, the Laws of Magic don't say anythin' about not reading people's minds." I said

I walked back to the Common room, smiling so much but I was thinking about what Draco said. I don't think about anything but you. There seems to be some meaning to it, I just don't know what. Before I reached the common room, something grabbed me and everything went black.