On The Hogwarts Express (Again)

This is a sample piece of a Drarry story I might write. If it's something you guys would be interested in reading, let me know :)

~ ~ ~ ~

Harry stared out the window at the rolling hills of the Scottish country side as the train sped steadily towards Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, bringing him back for his eighth year.

All the students who'd survived the war had been invited to retake their seventh year, and though Harry had been hesitant to begin with, it taking only seconds for him to remember how each year spent at Hogwarts was a year destined to go wrong, Hermione had finally convinced him to join her and Ron in returning. Besides, it really was the only home he'd ever known.

It would be nice to be around Ginny again, he thought. He hadn't really seen much of the youngest Weasley since the second Wizarding War ended, as she'd gone back to help her family rebuild the Burrow, and Harry had returned to 12 Grimmauld place. 
Over the summer he'd stripped the house of the grumbling and racist Black portraits and disposed of them magically, ripped away several pairs of musty curtains, and generally made his best efforts to lighten the place up.

He couldn't help but wonder what being back at Hogwarts would be like now that he knew he didn't have to worry about Death Eaters and Dark Lords. Would it be peaceful? Would he finally get chance to be a normal student?

There's still Malfoy, a voice in his head reminded him. Harry wasn't sure what to make of the blond anymore. Growing up he'd always been the slimy git who picked on Muggle-borns and supported Voldemort, but what was he now? Nobody had seen the Malfoys since the war, and there was a very good chance that the heir wouldn't be returning to Hogwarts. Whatever credibility they'd attained had disappeared, and their name was soon frowned upon and worthless in the Wizarding World.

Harry could almost feel bad for them some days, given that Narcissa had saved his life - albeit for her son - and Draco had somewhat protected him in the Malfoy Manner when he refused to confirm his identity, though he was certain the blond had recognized him.