Sweat Slicked

"Oh my God." You groaned, your head falling back against the cool silk of Draco's emerald green sheets. "Draco...!"

Sweat clung to your body, and the hands dragging through your hair left it in a state of disarray, though in that moment, you couldn't have cared less. Your focus was concentrated solely on one thing, leaving the rest of the world a hazy blur.

"I know." He said gently, shifting his position slightly from somewhere beyond your view. "But what do you want me to do? I can't control the weather."

You pouted up at the canopy above you, crossing your arms in a petulant manner. "Useless." You muttered, though you knew there was nothing he could do, and your complaints were futile. That didn't stop it from being too bloody hot, though.

"We're in the dungeon." He responded, sounding amused. "This is the coolest it gets, I'm afraid."

Your frown deepened for a moment before an idea struck you, and then it was replaced by a smirk as you pushed yourself up. "Not necessarily."

Draco's eyebrows raised, and he looked at you with a mix of amusement and dubiety. "What?" He asked, his tone wary as he recognized the determined and slightly scary expression on your face.

"Lets go." You said, reaching for his hand.

He allowed you to pull him to his feet and towards the door, but the look of doubt remained fixed on his face. "Calm down." He said. "Where are we going?"

You rolled your eyes and ignored his request that you relax. Relief was so close you could taste it - there was no way you were going to be subdued until it was yours. "To the lake." You responded, as if it should be obvious.

"What?!" He said again, this time with more alarm. "No!"

You stopped in your tracks so suddenly that he collided with your back. Your eyes narrowed as you turned to him, arms folding once more. "Why?" You questioned, suspicious of his reaction.

The blond Slytherin Prince lowered his eyes to the floor as he spoke. "There - there's a giant squid in it..." He said quietly.

You pressed your lips together in a thin line as you struggled to keep your face impassive. "And you're scared of that squid, are you, Draco?"

He hesitated, giving you your answer even before he responded. "It's conceivable." His voice was timid, contradicting the indifferent air he'd gone for.

You bit the inside of your cheek as you nodded, mulling over this newfound fact about your boyfriend. "Right." You said finally. "Well, that's okay. I'll protect you."

Despite your best efforts, amusement had slipped into your voice while you spoke, and Draco picked up on it instantly as he scowled at you.
"It's not funny." He snapped.

You held your hands up in defense. "I never said it was." You said in your best placating tone. "Now, come on, Draco. It's too hot to stand around fussing about fish."

"Molluscs." He mumbled.

You looked at him sharply. "What?" You demanded.

Draco shifted under your hard stare. "Nothing."

You studied him for a moment longer, but when he said no more, you nodded to yourself. Good, then.

To the lake it was.