His Past

Sarah's POV

He was looking at me without any expression. Then sighed deeply and looked away. Come on, honey. Tell me now. I want to know about this.

" Do you really want to know about my mom?" He asked me.

" Yes, I do." I nodded. " But if only you want to tell me about that. If you feel comfortable sharing that with me. If you are not then I will not force you to tell me about it. You can take your time, Caleb. I know it's a bit uncomfortable to share it with me suddenly. I was just asking. Leave it." I said. He hold my hands and kissed on them.

" Stay here. I will just come back." He said and I nodded.

He went inside and I sat on the doorstep there. I kept watching the fireflies. It's really a beautiful sight to see. God made the world with astonishing beauty but still sometimes we forget to say thanks to him.

Where had he gone? I looked back but couldn't find him there. I sighed and kept looking at the fireflies. I smiled looking at the sight. It's still not summer yet but winter is almost gone. It's not that freezing cold but the cold breeze was blowing time to time was making the whole weather a bit cold but it was bearable. I kept enjoying it until I felt him putting on a beanie on my head. I wear it properly.

" Thanks, Babe." I said and kissed on his cheek.

" Only kiss will do it. Don't thank me." He said and I chuckled.

" Ok, little kid." I said.

" Here, you have a beautiful smile with what you have melted my heart completely and made it your prisoner." He handed me his phone to show me the picture he has taken awhile back when I was smiling widely. My hair were blowing on the breeze. I was smiling like a little kid. Lolz.

" What happened?" He asked me.

" I look like a little kid." I said.

" You are a little kid. You are my little trouble." He said and I glared at him.

" Alright. You are my little beautiful wife." He said and I rolled my eyes.

" You were not saying the same thing awhile back." I said.

" Forget about it." He said. I sighed.

" Don't call me little trouble then I will starve you for a week." I said.

" No worries, Babe. I can do that if you want to." He said and I showed my nails to him.

" They are beautiful." He said and leaned to kiss on my hand but I pull my hands away from him and glared at him again.

" Alright, if making you starve doesn't work then let it be but I was thinking about making you sleep on the couch for a week. What about that, Babe? You liked the idea?" I asked him and he looked at me in horror.

" No, don't do that, Babe." He said.

" Why not, babe?" I asked him.

" Do you think I can sleep in the couch? My height won't adjust, Babe." He said and I glared at him.

" You won't miss me?" I asked him. He chuckled.

" No, I won't." He said and smirked. " Because I will take you with me as well. If you make me sleep on the couch then you will be with me as well." He said.

" I said I will make you sleep on the couch. You. Not me." I said to him.

" Babe, you didn't say with or without you. I can't sleep without you. So, if I sleep on the couch you have to be with me." He said and I sighed. I won't be able to win this fight with him. It's better to keep quiet. 

" You are a stupid." I said.

" Yes, I agree." He said.

" You have to agree. It's truth." I said and he chuckled.

" Don't laugh." I said and hugged his arm. I kept my head on his shoulder.

I didn't talk about his mother anymore. May be he is not comfortable. I shouldn't force him for that. If he thinks it's important for me to know then he will definitely tell me himself. I will not force him to tell me about anything. Never ever. He will tell me himself. If not then I will think there is still some lacking of trust issues here. May be he needs some more time to adjust with me. I should understand that it's not easy for anyone to give your personal space to someone else. May be he needs to think about it. I will wait until he is ready. I will not show any desperation. Let's see when does he talk about it by himself. He will tell me about it anyways. I know he will.

" Here." Suddenly he gave me a photo album.

" What will I do with it? " I asked him. He rolled his eyes.

" Open it." He said and I nodded. I opened it. I found it was his family photo album.

" Is it you?" I asked him pointing the little kid. It was definitely him. The same eye color of his and the same childish smile.

" Yeah. It's me. That's Mila and that's my mom." He said.

" And it's your dad?" I asked him.

" He is not my father. He is a the reason behind our sufferings." He gritted.

" Ok, alright. Don't get angry." I said and he sighed then pulled me in his arms and wrapped his arms around my waist from back.

I was watching the pictures. It had all the special moments of his life capturing in it. His mom was very beautiful woman. Mila looks alike her. I can bet Mila got her natures too. Now that I start to miss her even if I haven't seen her ever. Suddenly I found a photo where Caleb was playing guitar and singing. May be in any of school programme.

" Wow!! I didn't know that my husband has so many hidden talents." I said and he chuckled.

" I have many more hidden talents which you will come to know in future." He said and I chuckled.

" I haven't seen you playing guitar ever." I said.

" I used to work with a vocal coach as his assistant when I was in high school. Then suddenly everything got changed and I left it." He said. I nodded.

" Oh, ok. I can understand." I said.

" Because my parents got divorced that time." He said and I looked at him totally shocked. He nodded. " He decided to destroy our happiness completely." He said and I knew how deeply it hurt him that time. But I was happy that he decided to tell me about his past.