New Trouble

Sarah's POV

" Where are you going?" Veronica's mom Mrs. Woodman asked me.

" I am going to meet Paris. I will stay with her for this weekend." I said to her.

" Did you inform your sister about that?" She asked me.

" No. It's not necessary to inform her everything." I said to her.

" She is your sister, Sarah. I think you forget how much she used to love you and still does." She said and I was about to rolled my eyes but suddenly I realized that she is right in a part. She used to love me a lot. I mean a lot.

My mom who was a very unlucky woman for being a mistress of a man like my so called father, died soon after she gave birth to me because that pathetic man who was supposed to be my so called father never wanted me to be born. He kept mentally torturing her to abort me and she got very stressed. She couldn't handle the stresses and her health started to get worse day by day but that cruel man didn't listen to her and kept torturing her. She was to die. What would she do being alive?!! Live the life of a slave!!! It's better that she died rather than take tortures.

Then I was brought here and brought up here with the same love and care that Veronica got. I think I got more because Veronica used to love me more than anything else. But my so called pathetic father never cared for me. He thought I was a burden for him. I don't love him as well not an ounce. He send me to the boarding school so that I won't be around him reminding him of my mom. He didn't realize that he was wrong until one day he discovered that he was going to die. He brought me back home and asked for my forgiveness but I am sorry I don't have a big heart to forgive him. If you think that I am cruel then let it be. I don't care. He made a will before he died. He has given me half of his property but do you think I should take money from the murderer of my mother?! I don't know how she looked because we don't have any pictures of her. That man destroyed all of them. I don't have a single memory of my mother. I am so helpless when it comes about my mom. My mom who was a mistress of a rich man. You can call her a bi*ch, wh*re or sl*t but still she is my mother. The lady who gave birth to me. No matter what I can't hate a woman who bear the labour pain for me who struggled to save my life. I am grateful to her for that. May be my mom wasn't a good woman but a woman who has fought to save her child can't be bad either. I do trust that she had a good heart inside. I need to find out the truth if she has become a mistress by will or there is something else in this.

Veronica used to love me a lot when we were young. She even tired to stop my so called father when he send me to the boarding school. She kept trying but he never melted for me. She was more than a sister for me. So pure and innocent.

But now everything is changed. She changed and the situation changed completely. We are no more in the same situation. I hate her for that incident. I found out she is not the same person that she was before. She is not the same Veronica I used to know.

" You tell her that I am going." I told that to Mrs. Woodman.

" Why don't you call her and tell that you are going?" She asked me.

I raised one of my eyebrows. She sighed and stood up then walked towards me. She kept her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her sharply trying to figure out what she was going to do. She shook her head.

" Look, Sarah. What happened has happened, let it go. I just want you and Nikki be close like before. Sarah, I am like your mother. I will never ever want something bad for you. Will I?" She asked me.

" You are not my mother. I can't guarantee this. And as for Nikki we settled it down long back. I don't want to talk about it anymore. And as much as your tension for money that your husband has left I will not even touch a single penny from there. Just give me a blank cheque I will sign it and the money is yours." I said.

" It's yours. Even if you don't want that no one is going to take that. And..." She sighed deeply. "Money can't buy everything, Sarah." She said.

" You are the burning example of that." I said and she nodded weakly. " Mrs. Woodman I am getting late. I need to reach my friend. She is waiting for us. Now if you will excuse me now." I said to her and came out of there without waiting for her answer.

I called a taxi and got in. I was thinking about Mrs. Woodman's words. I really pity her. She has everything but doesn't have peace of mind. She couldn't stop her husband from getting attach with other women. She had money and power but couldn't save her own family with that. She is still beautiful and I know how beautiful she was when she was young. But Beauty too couldn't keep her husband to her. I think it's beautiful hearts which we need to make a marriage work. If there is no trust and love in the relationship then it won't work ever. No matter how beautiful you are you won't be able to make it work if you don't keep faith in that relationship. Soon I reached there and got down from the taxi. I went inside the apartment and found Paris getting ready to go somewhere.

" Hey!! What happened?" I asked her.

" Oh, Abigail!!! You came. Thanks God. I was so nervous." She said.

" What's wrong?" I asked her.

" There is a problem at Grandma's home. Let's go." She pulled me out with her.

Now what is the new trouble?!!