Chapter 4

Freya's POV.

We were all sitting around the fire as we eat dinner and listen to Gobber's stories, though they were overdramatized.
"...And with one twist, he took my hand and swallowed it whole. And I saw the look on his face: I was delicious. He must have passed the word because it wasn't a month before another one of them took my leg!" Gobber exclaims.
"Isn't it weird to think that your hand was inside a dragon?" Fishlegs asks. "Like if your mind was still in control of it, you could have killed the dragon from the inside by crushing his heart, or something," He says, punching the air.

"I swear, I'm so angry right now!" Snotlout says with a glare. "I'll avenge your beautiful hand and your beautiful foot. I'll chop off the legs of every dragon I fight. With my face!" He shouts.
"Ah-ah. It's the wings and the tails you really want. If it can't fly, it can't getaway. A downed dragon is a dead dragon," Gobber states. "Alright. I'm off to bed," He says as he stands up and yawns.

"You should be, too. Tomorrow we get to the big boys. Slowly but surely making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare," Gobber says. "But who'll win the honor of killing it?" He asks.
"It's gonna be me. It's my destiny. See?" Tuffnut says as he shows everyone a tattoo on his arm.
"Your Mom let you get a tattoo?" Fishlegs asks in surprise.
"It's not a tattoo. It's a birthmark," Tuffnut says.
"Okay, I've been stuck with you since birth, and that was never there before," Ruffnut states.
"Yes, it was," Tuffnut states. "You've just never seen me from the left side until now," He says. As they continue to argue, I see Hiccup get up and run down the stairs. I frown in confusion, but let him go.

The Next Morning.

Hiccup and I walk into the cove with a basket of fish and the tail wing Hiccup had made for Toothless. It was a strange name, but it was fitting.
"Hey, Toothless and...other dragon. We brought breakfast. I hope you're both hungry," Hiccup says as we walk over to the two dragons. We hadn't named the blue-eyed one, yet. "Okay, that's disgusting," He says as he opens the basket and a bunch of raw slimy fish fall to the ground.
"Uh...we've got some salmon, some nice Icelandic cod, and a whole smoked eel," I tell the dragons as they sniff the fish.

Suddenly, they both start panicking as they see the eel. Hiccup picks up the eel and they start to growl at it, their pupils turning to slivers.
"No, no, no, no! It's okay," Hiccup says as he throws the away from them. "Yeah, I don't really like eel much either," He states.
"What should we name the other one?" Hiccup asks me as we watch the other Night Furies, who are sniffing the fish still unsure if it was safe. I stare at the other dragon's eyes and think for a moment when suddenly, it hits me.
"Ocean," I state.

"Ocean?" Hiccup asks as he looks over to me.
"Yeah. Her eyes remind me of the ocean," I explain.
"Okay then. Ocean it is," Hiccup says as we slowly begin to walk behind Toothless. "Okay. That's it. That's it, just stick with the good stuff," He says as the dragons begin to eat. And don't you mind us. "We'll just be back here...minding our own business," He says as he tries to attach the tail wing, but Toothless keeps moving.
"It's okay. Okay...okay..." Hiccup says as grabs Toothless' tail and I help him buckle the straps so it stays on.

"There. That's not too bad. It works," Hiccup says as he looks at the tail wing, studying it for future adjustments. Suddenly, Toothless opens his wings and begins to fly, Hiccup still hanging onto his tail as he goes.
"Hiccup!" I shout worriedly as I quickly stand up and watch as Toothless flies.
"Whoa! No! No! No!" Hiccup shouts in fear. Toothless almost flies into the stone wall, but Hiccup opens the tail wing and they begin to soar. I watch as they fly up into the air and then glide back down over the pond, where Toothless throws Hiccup off his tail, making them both fall into the water. I run over to pond, Ocean right behind me, as they come up out of the water.
"Yeah!" Hiccup cheers. I sigh in relief and slowly begin to laugh with Hiccup.

Later That Day.

"Today is about teamwork. Now, a wet dragon head can't light its fire," Gobber explains as we all stand-in teams as greenish gas surrounds us. "The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other headlights it. Your job is to know which is which," He tells us.
"Razor-sharp, serrated teeth that inject venom for pre-digestion. Prefers ambush attack, by crushing its victims-" I hear Fishlegs saying through the gas.
"Will you please stop that?!" Hiccup shouts.
"If that dragon shows either of his faces, I'm gonna- there!" I hear Snotlout shout and suddenly, Astrid, Ruffnut, and I are hit with water.

"Hey!" Ruffnut shouts as I turn to Snotlout and Tuffnut, glaring at them in annoyance. "It's us, idiots!" She shouts.
"Your butts are getting bigger. We thought you were a dragon," Tuffnut says laughing.
"Not that there's anything wrong with a dragon-esque figure- Ow!" Snotlout shouts as Astrid walks over and punches him while I throw my bucket, hitting him in the head and Ruffnut throws her bucket of water at Tuffnut. Suddenly, Tuffnut is dragged into the fog.
"Wait," I tell Astrid and Ruffnut as we look around. Suddenly, a tail swings at our feet and we fall to the ground.

"OH, I'M HURT! I AM VERY MUCH HURT!" Tuffnut shouts as he stands up and runs away. I roll my eyes as I stand up and begin to walk away, drama queen.
"Chances of survival are dwindling into single-digits now," I hear Fishlegs say as I watch him throw water at one of the heads of the dragon. "Oh. Wrong head," He says as green gas comes out of the mouth of the dragon and Fishlegs runs off screaming. The head turns to Hiccup and the other head comes out of the fog, spitting electrical sparks
"Fishlegs!" Gobber shouts. "Now, Hiccup!" He shouts to him. Hiccup throws the bucket of water at the spark-spitting head but misses and the water falls to the floor.
"Oh, come on!" Hiccup shouts to himself.

"Hiccup!" Gobber shouts as the heads start to advance on Hiccup. I watch worriedly as the dragons advance on him, but suddenly the dragon starts to back away from Hiccup in fear.
"Back! Back! Back! BACK!" Hiccup shouts as he stands to his feet." Now, don't you make me tell you again!" He shouts as the dragon backs away into the cage. "Yes, that's right! Back into your cage. Now think about what you've done," He says as he backs the dragon all the way into its cage. I frown in confusion, but I see him throw an eel in front of the dragon before closing the door. Everyone looks at him in shock, except me.
"Okay! So, are we done?" Hiccup asks, but no one says anything. "Because I've got some things I need to, uh...Yep. I'll...see-see you tomorrow!" He says as he runs off.