Lighter or Darker

What am I? Finding out what's different. Seems so easy. Then why oh why does it leave me like a cliff....hanger. I hang off the edge waiting for a sign. But it's not one I can see it's one in my mind. I tell you know but you do yes. You scream when I whisper. You stand strong as I stand behind. I feel so dark yet you're so bright. I follow your movements down to the flicker but you do them so right. You look at me and I look at you. But you don't see me as I see you. Your gaze goes through me as I look inside you. We see the world differently which is why we can't find the clue. With you it's so easy but with me it's so hard. You're out during the day and i'm alone in the dark. The sun shines on you but it never sees me. The moon knows my pain. I guess we are the same. The dark is always there but never in full sight. The light is praised while the dark is belittled. I understand it's sorrow therefore I follow it too. I follow you day in and day out but you never notice me. What am I to you? Do you know I exist? I am you if not better but you will never know that's why I stay alone. What am I? I ask myself everyday but I never will know. Do you know? Do you know what I am?