A Speck Of Light

Hope was all I could find in the darkness that surrounds me. Daylight was as grey was the dope I used to smoke. The solo life was I knew but, I needed to find the clue. The clue that lead me to do the right thing. Make the right move and had me jump without a parachute. Love seemed to be impossible for me to find at first but, I think I see a speck of light. It seemed to come out of nowhere. Although I knew it existed it showed itself to be aware of me. I was trapped inside my mansion I built to help protect me. With the fear that controlled my free-dom. But Hope knocked on my door and asked to come in. At first I told it I would let no one in-to my house. But the warmth told me to say yes. After I agreed the greatest feeling came upon me and I knew this was a test. I failed many times, made Hope feel hurt but she never left or kicked out to the curb. She stayed to battle the darkness within my walls. Sometimes I crawled to my bed begging to rest but she refused to allow me to fall. She would pick me up and carry me through the fights with pain. Sometimes I would complain. She didn't care, all she wanted to do was end the despair. I yelled and told Hope to go away sometimes and told her I didn't need help but she stayed determined to find a way to save me. Fear craved me and started to lose the War. For every day without me it began to burn deep down in its core. As Hope still battles on I can see how tired she is. As Hope battles on I see the the pain she feels. As Hope battles on I see the scars she has from her own past. Now I think all this time she's fighting the darkness within me. When in reality she is taking my burden and my pain which I think is insane. I was sure then as I am now that it is time for me to find her Speck of Light and ask her can I come in. Just so that I know I did what I could then.