5

Third Person P.O.V:

April 15th, 2019

Hermione was home for spring break, and to say she was elated was an understatement. Ecstatic didn't even compare either.

As she paid for her cab, she hopped out and immediately started to make her way over next door. The cabbie was confused but drove off anyway.

Calm down, you're only about to spend the day with a girl you may have feelings for. MAY. Remember, that means nothing...and everything.

She rolled her eyes at herself, the obnoxious rambling in her mind that contradicted itself, wasn't helping her already anxious body.

"I should go home, this is so rude to just go up to her door and expect her to be free!" she curses herself as she stops at the sidewalk in front of Y/n's house.

Her body didn't agree.

The spring wind blew the fresh flowers and leaves as she quietly walked up to the door and knocked on it, each knock vibrating through her arm.

"This is stupid! Turn around right now-"

The door opens and Hermione's mind goes blank as the face she's seen only a few times is now so close, that she can see every scar and beauty mark that was illuminated by the sunlight.

"Hermione? I missed you!" Y/n says with a smile as they both stand awkwardly in front of each other, waiting for either one to lean in for a hug.

"Oh sorry! Come in!" Y/n says sheepishly as Hermione gives a half smile. Her disappointment flooded her mind as she kicked herself for not going for the embrace.

As she walked in, Y/n closed the door and took the bag from Hermione's shoulder, she didn't even notice she had taken it with her.

Thank Merlin she hadn't left it in the cab.

When Y/n reached over and took it from Hermione, the cent from her clothes attacked her nose, smelling of disinfectant and fresh laundry.

Y/n hangs up the bag and looks at her with a small smile. Hermione noticed a new hat she was wearing, it had a sports team's logo on it.

"Would you like to come to my room?" Y/n asks and suddenly gets very red, Hermione included.

"I-I mean as in hangout, nothing uh..." Y/n stutters out as her hands try to find a place on her body to land, but she soon just facepalms and looks away.

"Sorry. Would you like to hang out in my room?" she asked with a sigh as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Hermione giggled softly she nodded as the flush from her cheeks began to disappear.

"Yes, I'd love to hang out in your room" she responds as they smile at one another. Y/n gestures to follow her as she walks up the stairs, their feet moving in sync as they climb. Hermione even went to the point of desyncing their moments, because she was nervous that would somehow out her conflicting feelings for the girl in front of her.

As they got to the landing, Hermione's eyes landed on the wall of baby pictures to her left. Her fingers ran against the surface as they walked past.

"You were a cute baby" she chuckled softly as Y/n looked back over her shoulder with a glint of playfulness.

"Did I grow into a cute teenager?" she asked as they walked through the only open door in the hallway. Hermione chuckled softly.

"Yes, yes you did"

They laughed quietly as Hermione shut the door behind her. Force of habit, but Y/n didn't seem to mind. Her perfume was stronger now that they were in the bedroom, or was Hermione just noticing it more?