14

Third Person P.O.V:

June 27th, 2019

Y/n began to open her eyes, she felt a weight on her chest, and the pounding in her head was more than painful. Her eyes flicked open, and as she took in her surroundings, she felt something in her mouth.

Ugh, what happened?

Slowly she reached up and touched what she already guessed was a breathing tube. Her heart rate began to pick up as Y/n now was aware of the plastic hose touching within her throat.

Hermione began to stir as the monitor began to beep slightly quicker, and Y/n's chest was moving her head up and down more rapidly. Immediately she sprang up, their panicked eyes meeting one another.

"Y/n?" Hermione says as she stands up from the bed and hits the button to call the nurse, her hands then cradling the sides of Y/n's face.

"Look at me, it's okay. They'll take it out soon" she whispers with a soft smile, trying not to sob at the fear in Y/n's eyes.

They both needed to stay calm, or Y/n could start choking on the tube, and there was absolutely nothing Hermione could do if that started happening.

"It's so nice to see those eyes, Nucly" Hermione chuckles as she kisses her forehead, her fingertips tracing Y/n's face with so much relief. A nurse with blue and white polka-dot spots soon walked in and smiled as she noticed that Y/n was awake. A very good sign.

"Good morning Ms.Y/l/n. Don't you worry, we'll have that out as soon as possible" she says with a hum as she puts on some gloves and begins to prep the necessary equipment. Another nurse walks in Winnie The Pooh-covered scrubs, a small smile as Hermione reluctantly backs away to let them work.

She scurried over to the end of the bed as they raised her bed to an upright position, their eyes meeting again.

"It alright, let them work," Hermione said as they removed the device from its holder and suctioned it in and around her mouth.

"Okay, take a deep breath, then exhale," the nurse in blue and white polka dots asks, as she takes hold of the tube.

Y/n looked directly at Hermione to which they both took a breath and then slowly exhaled together. Ever so carefully, the tube was removed.

Tears prickled in the corners of Y/n's eyes as she fought back the urge to choke or vomit...or both.

When it was finally out, Y/n took about her breath and coughed a few times, eating a few pats on her back from the nurses as they placed a nostril oxygen tube in her nose.

"There. How about some ice chips as compensation?" The Winnie The Pooh nurse asks as she takes off her gloves and throws them away. Y/n coughed again as she nodded.

"Please" she replied in a raspy voice as they both walked out of the room with smiles and something about letting her doctor know she was awake.

After adjusting to the light, Y/n looked back up to Hermione, who seemed to be full of smiles and happiness.

"Nucly" Hermione sighed out the nickname as she walked over to the side of the bed and pulled up a chair. Y/n smiles weakly up at Hermione, reaching a trembling hand to brush her cheek.

"Hey beautiful," she rasps, voice raw from obstruction. Hermione clasps Y/n's hand to her face, nuzzling into her palm with a watery laugh.

"Don't ever scare me like that again," she says softly. Y/n's thumb strokes her skin in apology as a nurse returns with ice chips, bless her soul.

"Here we are, love. These should feel heavenly on your sore throat."

As Y/n accepts the small cup gratefully, Hermione scoots closer to help, taking it from her hands and holding it steady. Their eyes meet with deep caring as Y/n takes a blissful crunch, shuddering at the relief.