31

Third Person P.O.V:

March 3rd, 2020

Beep.

Beep.

Beep

That's all Y/n ever heard anything. Maybe an occasional cough from one of the nurses, or the nursery song that would play when a baby was born. Sometimes she would turn on the TV to distract herself, but there was never anything on that she wanted to watch.

Honestly, it was mostly all the pain pills she was on. She did know what day it was, but all she did know was; that she'd been in the hospital for eighteen days, eighteen long, lonely days.

Hermione calls Y/n as much as she can, trying to fill the physical void between them, but it isn't the same. They wanted each other again, or to at least be able to hold the other's hand.

Y/n's Mom & Dad called every day, just asking about what the doctors said or if she needed anything. Her usual answer was 'someone to talk to in the same room', to which they said they would ask again if one of them could come.

It wasn't surprising when Dr.Weaver would walk in at the end of the day and just sit and talk with her. She knew this was a small way for him to make her feel better. He's known her since she was a kid, after all.

They talked about everything and nothing, he even would sometimes bring in some outside food so she wouldn't get sick of the cafeteria selection. That was the best part of her week, honestly.

Currently, it was early morning, and she laid in the hospital bed, staring up at the ceiling as the fluorescent lights flickered above her. She wondered what her family was doing right now.

Hermione was probably doing something scholarly, her nose nestled between the pages of a medical book she had never seen before. Y/n had once read over her shoulder, and it said something along the lines of dragon scales and fluff from something called a Puffskin.

She honestly didn't want to know what Hermione was looking into in her free time, as long as she didn't pull a 'Jennifers Body' situation on her, then it was fine.

Her mother was probably at work, which was most likely the reason she hadn't called yet. Her father...she had no real idea. All she did know, was he was a lawyer in a firm somewhere in the city, he has been making efforts, she'll give him that.

Last-minute efforts, but better late than never.

Y/n slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position, her sunken eyes shifting to the window as a flash of lightning illuminated the room for a moment. It was raining hard outside, which wasn't a surprise since it was March. The spring showers were going to rage on more frequently.

As she was about to make the exciting decision to lie on her left side now, her phone began to ring. Saved by the bell. Her hand reached to the moveable tray and pulled it towards her, the name on the screen causing a smile to break through for the first time today.

'Bookworm 💍'

Y/n answered the call and put it on speaker, she could hear a small amount of rustling before the voice she'd adored since their first conversation, called out her name.

"Nucly, love? Sorry, I dropped my phone"

"Hey, it's fine. I'm happy to hear from you" Y/n replied as she set the phone on the tray table and shifted herself back down into a lying position, her eyes fixated on the wall.

"How are you? Has Dr.Weaver come to see you yet today?" She asks, pacing slowly in a circle inside her room back home. The amount of restraint she had to practice to not force her way into that hospital, was honestly quite impressive,