10

Third Person P.O.V:

June 19th, 2019

In the soft glow of morning light streaming through half-closed curtains, Y/n and Hermione lay entwined, their bodies molding perfectly together in a symphony of love and comfort.

"Get up, Nucly." Hermione's voice was barely above a whisper.

A tired groan rumbles from Y/n's lips, but she can't help but smile against Hermione's shoulder. It's the beginning of a familiar routine, one that's bringing them joy each time they wake up wrapped in each other's arms during this summer romance.

They had fallen asleep, bodies tangled and hearts connected, while engrossed in reruns of their favorite TV show during the night.

As Hermione continues her gentle coaxing, her lips brush against Y/n's forehead with the softest of kisses. Her nails trail delicately along the back of Y/n's head, a soothing gesture that sends shivers down her spine. Y/n remains silent, blissfully lost in the cocoon of love that Hermione provides.

"Please," Hermione playfully implores, her laughter dancing in the air as she bestows yet another tender kiss upon Y/n's forehead. Y/n's grip around Hermione's waist tightens ever so slightly, an unspoken plea for just a few more stolen moments of warmth and affection.

"Five more minutes, then I'll think about it," Y/n whispers, her breath ghosting against Hermione's skin, causing delightful tickles down her body.

Unable to resist the allure of this moment, Hermione chuckles softly, surrendering to the irresistible charm of her partner.

"Alright, five more minutes," Hermione agrees, her heart swelling with adoration. She watches as Y/n's relaxed form snuggles even closer, their breathing growing steady and soft. The weight that had once rested upon Hermione's shoulders now lifts, leaving her feeling lighter and content.

Hermione leans back gradually, reveling in the sight of Y/n's peaceful slumber. Her fingertips graze the exposed skin on Y/n's back, feeling the delicate rise of goosebumps under her touch. A quiet sigh escapes her lips, a symphony of emotions swirling within her.

"It's...the tumor is critical Bookworm. The doctor doesn't know if I'll even make it to the new year."

Hermione holds Y/n close, her heart pounding with anguish and determination. She studies Y/n's pale face, her eyes closed as if shutting out the mental pain that has consumed her. The weight of the situation bears down on Hermione, as she whispers urgently.

"Hold on, please."

Her mind races with a flurry of thoughts, drawing upon the knowledge from numerous spell books she has read and the laws she has painstakingly memorized.

The restriction on using magic outside of Hogwarts until she turns eighteen looms over her like a daunting obstacle. Can Y/n hold out for another year? June seems agonizingly distant, a mere flicker of hope amidst the darkness.

But Hermione is resolute. For Y/n's sake, she would reveal everything, fighting tooth and nail to make life better, even if their romantic relationship couldn't withstand the challenges they faced. The prospect of a future without Y/n is simply unfathomable.

Yet, the risks gnaw at her conscience. Should she dare to defy the rules, risking the revocation of her wand? Y/n's survival depends on magic, a lifeline they cannot afford to sever.

Doubts flood Hermione's mind. What if the spell fails? What if it does more harm than good, potentially snuffing out the remaining flicker of life within her beloved?

During her internal struggle, Y/n's voice pierces through Hermione's thoughts, a gentle plea for guidance.

"Hermione?"