9

Third Person P.O.V:

June 17th, 2019

It's been a month since everything that happened at the 'dance' the girl had in Y/n's bedroom. She and Hermione have been getting closer since then, and thankfully, Summer break had started for Hermione.

They haven't put a label on them yet, but to Y/n, it made sense. Who would want to put a label on something that'll be gone by the end of the year?

Hermione kept her word and started coming with Y/n to her trial appointments since Y/m/n has to work double now that the bills are piling up.

Right now, Hermione sat with Y/n in a private room as she got this new form of radiation therapy done, it hurt but Y/n didn't notice much. She was staring at the girl beside her, watching as her eyes skimmed the magazine she was reading.

"You know, it's not nice to stare," Hermione says without looking up, causing Y/n to chuckle softly.

"You can't let beauty be ignored," she replies and Hermione bites back a smile.

"Flattery will get you nowhere today," she says as she flips to a new page, making Y/n pout and debate on ripping the magazine away.

"Hermione for the last time, I just went to the bathroom."

A huff escapes from Hermione's lips as she looks up from her trashy gossip booklet, her eyes narrowing at Y/n. Even though the glare intimidated her, Y/n couldn't help but find it strangely alluring, the heat it sent down her body only fueling her mischievous side.

"You couldn't have made it look like you got kidnapped from the car," Hermione states with a twitch of her brow, frustration evident in her voice.

"I specifically told you in that letter that it was a genuine fear of mine!" She stated as her voice pitched slightly in annoyance. Y/n tries to suppress a snicker, attempting to defend herself.

"I had to pee! I didn't mean to leave the car door open at the gas station." She says. Hermione rolls her eyes, not convinced by the feeble explanation.

"And it was just a coincidence that guy sped out of the parking lot as you exited the store?" she questions skeptically, her glare unwavering. She was still mad, that much was obvious.

"Did you think I paid the guy to scare you on purpose?" Y/n asks as she rests her elbow on the armchair and holds her chin on her knuckles. A mischievous smile tugs at Y/n's lips, undeterred by Hermione's anger.

"You make me want to rip out my hair," Hermione mutters, her frustration mixing with a hint of amusement.

"What you didn't need to do was kick down the bathroom door with some stick in your hand as I was peeing," Y/n says as her smile widens, hearing Hermione start to tease her again.

"And you didn't need to say 'If you wanted to see me naked, you could have just asked'." Hermione retorts as her sly smile matches Y/n's. Y/n's cheeks turn red at Hermione's comeback, a mix of embarrassment and amusement flooding her senses.

"Touché..." she mutters, realizing she's been bested.

Hermione can't help but smirk smugly, satisfied with her quick wit, and returns to flipping through her magazine. The tension between them slowly dissipates as they both find themselves unable to suppress a chuckle.

They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, only hearing the occasional turn of a page. Y/n looked around the room, looking at the empty vials and machinery, wondering what they did,

Hermione suddenly takes her hand, making Y/n look back into her bread crust eyes. She felt hypnotized.

"Don't ever go away" Hermione whispers, to which Y/n gives her a raised eyebrow.